NetApp unveils software for agile data infrastructureJuly 19th, 2012 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 19 (IANS) Storage and data management solutions provider NetApp India Marketing & Services Thursday unveiled an integrated platform for building agile data infrastructure for enterprises across verticals.
“The new software platform ‘Data Ontap’ will enable enterprises to respond to changing business requirements, maintain non-disruptive operations and grow their business exponentially,” NetApp India President Anil Valluri told reporters here at a preview of the product.
As enterprises across geographies and verticals plan to accelerate their businesses with greater efficiency and productivity, adoption of agile data infrastructure will enable them to be faster and reliable in data management.
“Storage is becoming an enduring infrastructure layer in IT and commands for a major share in solutions like shared virtual infrastructure, private cloud and desktop virtualisation,” Valluri said.
With Indian enterprises also struggling with the pace, complexity and changing demands of a data-driven world as their peers worldwide, the company plans to promote Data Ontap aggressively to become a preferred storage partner to its customers across verticals and segments in the country.
As the largest installed storage operation system, the product will help enterprises to change the economics of their IT infrastructure and adapt to unpredictable data growth and dynamic business requirements.
“By combining rich data management with the architectural advantages of clustering, enterprises can make IT intelligent and smart,” Valluri added.
The company’s products and technologies can be ordered through its worldwide network of value-added authorised solution providers, distributors and systems integrators.
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Symantec meet to focus on data, information security concerns - Dec 01, 2010
- Nucleus Software partners with Turkish firm - Jun 07, 2011
- Virtualisation poses challenges to disaster recovery plans: study - Dec 25, 2010
- EMC Corp unveils second global command centre in India - Sep 16, 2010
- Indian IT firm Sanovi opens subsidiary in Dubai - Feb 18, 2012
- Wipro joins Google's cloud platform - Aug 27, 2012
- IBM India to offer efficient energy solutions - Mar 12, 2012
- IT consumerism makes security critical for enterprises - Dec 02, 2010
- Intel chips to power servers for cloud computing - Jul 15, 2011
- Microsoft launches Microsoft Dynamics AX for retail in India - Feb 28, 2011
- Symantec to unveil strategies against cyber attacks (Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- Siemens unveils new media platform for digital content - Dec 09, 2010
- New Zealand firm to manage Indian enterprises' data with CMC - Feb 11, 2012
- Juniper unveils new products to lower data centre costs - May 18, 2010
Tags: amp services, anil, business requirements, data infrastructure, data management solutions, driven world, dynamic business, geographies, india marketing, infrastructure layer, management solutions provider, management storage, netapp, new software, platform data, software platform, solution providers, storage partner, virtual infrastructure, worldwide network