Nation’s development product of technological prowess: PMSeptember 9th, 2012 - 7:10 pm ICT by IANS
Sriharikota, Sep 9 (IANS) A nation’s development is a product of its technological prowess, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said Sunday after the launch of ISRO’s 100th mission.
“Questions are sometimes asked about whether a poor country like India can afford a space programme and whether the funds spent on space exploration, albeit modest, could be better utilised elsewhere.
“This misses the point that a nation’s state of development is finally a product of its technological prowess,” Manmohan Singh said after Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched an Indian rocket carrying French and Japanese satellites.
“The founding fathers of our space programme faced a similar dilemma, but they persevered in pursuing their vision. When we look at the enormous societal and national benefits that have been generated in diverse fields, there can be no doubt that they were right,” he added.
- Indian space agency scores a ton, ready for more (Third Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Indian space agency scores a perfect 100! (Second Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- PM hails Risat-1 launch - Apr 26, 2012
- Countdown begins for India's 100th space mission - Sep 08, 2012
- ISRO's 100th mission a milestone: PM (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Countdown begins for 100th Indian rocket mission - Sep 07, 2012
- Count down for 100th Indian rocket launch begins Friday morning - Sep 06, 2012
- India's space odyssey: A timeline (To go with ISRO's 100th mission story) - Sep 09, 2012
- Manmohan watches as 100th Indian space mission blasts off (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- India's next moon mission depends on Russia: ISRO chief - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,