NASA Robots’ to help in space and in factoriesFebruary 9th, 2010 - 12:03 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Feb 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) NASA and General Motors are working together on the next generation of robots designed for use in the aerospace and automotive industries. The pictures of the next generation humanoid robot are being circulated around. The humanoid robot is a labor of love, from the engineers and scientists from both the NASA and the GM.
The 2nd generation of robots have vision and sensor technologies, so that that they are able to work with people, to help them on certain tasks relating to NASA and General Motor’s field of work. NASA’s Doug Cooke said that, “This cutting-edge robotics technology holds great promise, not only for NASA, but also for the nation.” This new robot is going to be very beneficial in the space, and it will also aid the factory workers in their tasks. Despite their usefulness in the factory, General Motors says that they haven’t used the robots in their plants as of now. But they did say that in the near future, they have plans to use them in the factories.
It may be recalled that almost a decade ago, NASA had collaborated with the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency for introducing their first robot- “The Robonaut”. And this particular robot was the basis of the new generation of robots, that are being designed by NASA now.
- Humanoid Robot - Robonaut 2 all set to be a part of the shuttle trip - Oct 27, 2010
- NASA's first ever human-like robot ready for space launch - Oct 27, 2010
- NASA Robots To Help Astronauts In Space - Feb 08, 2010
- Now a friendly neighbourhood 'Robonaut 2' that works alongside humans - Feb 05, 2010
- Legless android to become first human-like robot in space - Aug 13, 2010
- Robot 'that looks like Top Gear's The Stig' developed - Apr 17, 2010
- NASA turns on humanoid robot in space station - Aug 23, 2011
- Scientists power up Robonaut 2 - Aug 24, 2011
- First space humanoid robot to tweet about his adventures - Aug 07, 2010
- NASA's humanoid robo 'to walk the Moon in just 1000 days' - Nov 03, 2010
- Table tennis playing robots debut in China - Oct 11, 2011
- NASA's new chatty robot astronaut is a regular on Facebook and Twitter - Aug 31, 2010
- NASA and Brazil sign Earth science agreements - Oct 28, 2011
- Russia unveils robot for space missions - Mar 07, 2012
- Scientists create robot which registers human emotions - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,