NASA announces winners of quality and performance awardFebruary 11th, 2010 - 3:29 am ICT by BNO News
WASHINGTON D.C. (BNO NEWS) – National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) announced on Wednesday that two companies have been the winners of the 2009 George M. Low Award, the highest honor for quality and performance.
United Space Alliance and Applied Geo Technologies received their awards at the NASA’s seventh annual Project Management Challenge in Galveston, Texas on Wednesday.
United Space Alliance (USA), of Houston, Texas, received the award in the large business service category. USA provides various services to the Kennedy Space Center, the Marshal Space Flight Center and the Johnson Space Center. Engineering and technical services, mission planning, astronaut’s training and execution of missions are some of the tasks this company contributes the NASA with.
Applied Geo Technologies (AGT) is based in Choctaw, Mississippi and received the award in the small business category. It provides aerospace and defense services, instrumentation repairing and calibration, and geographic analysis.
George M. Low award was established in 1985 as NASA’s Excellence Award for Quality and Productivity.
- Over 6,000 apply for NASA Astronaut Corps - Feb 05, 2012
- No spaceship, yet NASA wants more astronauts - Nov 17, 2011
- NASA presents new launch system with eye on Mars - Sep 15, 2011
- New space station crew in orbit - May 15, 2012
- NASA selects partners for 2010 Summer of Innovation - Apr 27, 2010
- NASA trains astronauts to land on asteroid - May 13, 2012
- Atlantis docks for last time with International Space Station - Jul 11, 2011
- Sunita Williams heading back to space again - Jun 23, 2012
- Chinese woman may reach space by 2012 - Apr 30, 2011
- Astronaut Mark Kelly to resume NASA mission training - Feb 05, 2011
- Students from Himachal school to visit NASA centres - Nov 13, 2011
- Humanoid Robot - Robonaut 2 all set to be a part of the shuttle trip - Oct 27, 2010
- NASA calls off Endeavour launch attempt due to technical problem - Apr 30, 2011
- NASA may use space station to prepare flights to Mars - Apr 07, 2011
- Space shuttle Endeavour returns to Earth after final mission - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: agt, alliance usa, bno, business category, choctaw mississippi, excellence award, galveston texas, johnson space center, kennedy space center, management challenge, marshal space flight center, mission planning, nasa, national aeronautics and space, national aeronautics and space administration, national aeronautics and space administration nasa, performance award, service category, space flight center, united space alliance