Nanotechnology centre to come up in AMUOctober 9th, 2008 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
Aligarh, Oct 9 (IANS) The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) will set up a state-of-the-art Nanotechnology centre to facilitate advanced research and studies in material sciences, a university official said Thursday.”For setting up the centre, the Department of Science and Technology (DST), governed by the Government of India has just allocated over Rs.24 million,” AMU spokesperson Rahat Abrar told IANS.
“At present, there are only 20 seats in the Nanotechnology course which is being offered by AMU at the postgraduate level. With the setting up of the centre, the varsity would be able to enrol more students in the course,” Abrar added.
Nanotechnology, the science of understanding the structure and behaviour of materials at atomic or molecular level, is an emerging field across the globe, varsity officials said.
- Plea against Aligarh Muslim University centres dismissed - Oct 08, 2010
- AMU seeks help against radioactive source - Jul 05, 2010
- AMU restores Hyderabad as centre for MBBS exam - Apr 30, 2010
- AMU to have 250-acre branch in Bihar - Nov 14, 2009
- Rs.3.90 cr for Aligarh university hocky-turf (Lead) - Oct 13, 2010
- 273 acres available to AMU to start campus: Banerjee - Jul 30, 2012
- AMU to start religious counselling for students - Mar 29, 2010
- Bihar transfers land for AMU centre - Dec 30, 2011
- Pranab assures all help to AMU's new centres - Jun 13, 2011
- Rs.3 crore to Aligarh university for hockey turf - Oct 13, 2010
- AMU seeks more land from Bihar government for new campus - Sep 24, 2009
- AMU alumni protest shelving of Bhopal centre - Jan 15, 2012
- AMU committee to identify courses for new campuses - Oct 07, 2009
- Shah Rukh Khan to visit Aligarh Muslim University - Jan 19, 2010
- Website with 'largest digitization work' launched at AMU - Apr 30, 2010