Mukta Arts acquires 51 percent stake in Coruscant TecSeptember 20th, 2008 - 3:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 20 (IANS) Indian film producing company Mukta Arts has acquired 51 percent stake in the Chennai-based Coruscant Tec Pvt Ltd, a leader in the mobile value-added services sector.Founded 30 years ago by Bollywood filmmaker Subhash Ghai, Mukta Arts has over the years diversified its portfolio into different fields of film trade, including filmmaking, distribution, exhibition and education.
Mukta was the first Bollywood production house to be listed in the Bombay Stock Exchange.
With the acquisition of controlling stake in Coruscant Tec, the company wants to further consolidate its position in the entertainment industry.
“Mukta Arts is a content-creation company and Coruscant Tec offers content delivery solutions in the new mobile space,” Ghai said in a statement.
“We expect synergy arising out of short format content, created either by Mukta or by its training institute, Whisling Woods, and released the same through Corusant,” he added.
When contacted, Ghai’s office refused to divulge the financial details of the deal, as per which Mukta has the option of acquiring the remaining 49 percent stake in Coruscant Tec.
- Court quashes Haryana plot given to Subhash Ghai - Sep 11, 2012
- Subhash Ghai's Haryana plot cancelled (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Court stays Subhash Ghai's Haryana land deal - May 29, 2012
- Court orders stay on Subhash Ghai's project in Haryana - Feb 23, 2012
- Haryana court reserves order on Subhash Ghai project - Mar 01, 2012
- Corporates changed moviemaking in India: Subhash Ghai (Interview) - Jun 07, 2011
- Subhash Ghai gets relief in Haryana land case - Mar 16, 2012
- Verdict on Subhash Ghai's Haryana land deal March 16 - Mar 05, 2012
- Apple to buy mobile security firm - Jul 28, 2012
- Setback for Ghai in land allocation row (Second Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Ghai suffers setback over land allocation - Apr 04, 2012
- State government cheated me, says Subhash Ghai - Apr 06, 2012
- 'I feel cheated,' says Subhash Ghai (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- 'Subhash Ghai a liability by name, not an asset' - Apr 11, 2012
- BJP wants Deshmukh to go over land row - Apr 05, 2012