Motorola XOOM tablet launched in IndiaJune 28th, 2011 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) Mobile handset-maker Motorola Mobility India Private Limited Tuesday announced the availability of Motorola XOOM — its wifi and third generation (3G) variant tablet — in India.
Powered by Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), Motorola XOOM features a 1GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB of RAM, front-facing and rear-facing cameras and the latest google mobile services on a 25.6 cm widescreen high definition display.
The tablets are available at select outlets in select cities across the country in two variants — wi-fi and 3G. While the wi-fi version is available for Rs.32,990, the 3G version is available for Rs.39,990.
“Motorola Xoom is redefining the tablet experience by pre-empting the future mobile experience today,” said Rajan Chawla, mobile devices business country head for sales and operations, India and South West Asia, Motorola Mobility.
“Whether surfing the web, watching the latest hit movie as it was intended or video-chatting with friends, Motorola Xoom will delight customers with its ease of use, speed and vivid graphics,” he added.
In the burgeoning tablet market in India, Motorola XOOM will have to compete with the already available BlackBerry Playbook, HTC Flyer, Apple iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab.
- RIM launches its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet in India - Jun 22, 2011
- Motorola launches slimmer Razr for Rs.33,990 - Nov 21, 2011
- Sony enters Indian tablet market - Dec 14, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet called 'half baked' product - Apr 15, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet may hit market April 10 - Mar 03, 2011
- BlackBerry sells 250,000 PlayBook tablets - May 20, 2011
- BlackBerry sells about 50,000 tablets on launch day - Apr 21, 2011
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- BlackBerry partners Sprint as tablet market soars - Jan 07, 2011
- Motorola Zooms Ahead In Tablet Race With Xoom! - Jan 06, 2011
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
- Verizon, AT&T; crucial to BlackBerry tablet sales - Apr 22, 2011
- Now a 7-inch tablet for Rs.5,399! - Apr 24, 2012
- Tomorrow's Tablets Shown At CES 2011 - Jan 08, 2011
- Apple blamed for delayed launch of BlackBerry tablet - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: apple ipad, business country, dual core processor, fi version, google, high definition, htc, india private limited, mobile devices, mobile experience, mobile handset, mobile services, New Delhi, playbook, south west asia, tablet market, third generation, variants, vivid graphics, xoom