More incentives to renewable energy sector: Farooq AbdullahSeptember 13th, 2012 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) Generation-based incentives and depreciation allowance to incentivise generation of power from new and renewable sources will be at the top of the 12th Plan agenda (2012-17), New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq Abdullah said Thursday.
Speaking at the India Carbon Market Conclave held here, Abdullah said: “The provision for the inclusion of these incentives has been discussed with the Planning Commission.”
“I have requested the planners to offer these for a larger period of eight years rather than five that was given during the 11th Plan,” he said.
The minister expressed confidence that the National Development Council which is to meet soon would put its stamp of approval to the ministry’s proposals.
Abdullah also cautioned domestic industry against the import of cheap, low quality technology.
He underlined the need to acquire the state-of-the-art equipment and technology from the US and Europe and also urged the Indian industry to beef up their manufacturing capabilities and capacities.
Asked whether India would be able to offer power to Pakistan as was being talked about in recent India-Pakistan peace talks, Abdullah said: “Although India is deficient in power and our needs are growing at a rapid pace, sometimes, in the interest of building and maintaining good neighbourly relations, such gestures have to be made.”
- Renewable energy supply can meet the 2015 target - Jul 14, 2010
- Abdullah to present biomass energy plan to cabinet soon - Nov 29, 2011
- India seeks US investment in power sector - Sep 20, 2011
- New Wind power incentives to cost government Rs.380 cr - Dec 17, 2009
- New plan to help unregistered MSMEs: FISME - May 16, 2012
- Zardari woos China's business houses - Sep 01, 2011
- Pakistan seeks India's expertise in renewable energy - Aug 28, 2012
- Bihar should develop renewable energy clusters: Greenpeace - May 15, 2012
- Raise depreciation rate to boost investment: CII - Feb 26, 2012
- Making housing affordable: Realty industry needs budget boost (Comment) - Feb 26, 2012
- Finland offers India expertise in clean energy space (With Image) - Oct 27, 2010
- Coal shortage could hit hard power projects - Oct 09, 2011
- Shed fear, invest in Afghan opportunity: India (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2012
- India to be third largest investment destination for renewables this year: KPMG - Jun 08, 2011
- UP announces new industrial policy - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: art equipment, conclave, depreciation allowance, energy minister, farooq abdullah, gestures, incentives, inclusion, india pakistan, low quality, New Delhi, peace talks, planners, planning commission, quality technology, rapid pace, renewable energy sector, renewable sources, stamp of approval, state of the art