Microsoft launches Office 365 in IndiaJune 30th, 2011 - 12:53 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 29 (IANS) Microsoft Wednesday launched Microsoft Office 365 in India to enable easy access to cost effective business productivity solutions.
According to the company, the launch is a part of Microsoft’s comprehensive cloud services strategy. It said its low price offering starting $2 per user per month will allow small and medium businesses and enterprise customers to access Microsoft’s popular e-mail, collaboration, conferencing and productivity capabilities online.
“Microsoft Office 365 provides all of the familiar enterprise class productivity solutions on a flexible usage and payment model, delivering streamlined communication with high availability, comprehensive security and simplified IT management,” said Sanket Akerkar, managing director, Microsoft Corporation India Pvt. Ltd.
“Customers who have already started using the services are realizing savings from reduced hardware, software and operational costs,” he added.
The company said that over the last 45 days, more than 12,000 organisations have signed up for Office 365 trials.
Office 365 is built with an updated platform and new infrastructure investments and is backed by the industry’s most rigorous financially-backed SLA. It will be available in different ‘packages’ depending on the size and need of the customer organisation.
- Microsoft launches on-demand e-mail solutions in India - Nov 05, 2009
- Reliance launches SMS conference calls - Oct 26, 2010
- Microsoft launches Microsoft Dynamics AX for retail in India - Feb 28, 2011
- Microsoft opens global delivery centre in Bangalore - Dec 08, 2011
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Microsoft India chief Ravi Venkatesan quits - Feb 10, 2011
- HP launches 'CloudStart' to speed private clouds deployments - Aug 30, 2010
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- BSNL launches Bharat Berry push e-mail service - Nov 14, 2011
- Yahoo!, Microsoft and AOL create ad partnership - Nov 10, 2011
- Reliance launches SMS based mobile conferencing (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Microsoft to acquire multitouch display maker - Jul 10, 2012
- HCL to provide IT services to Etisalat customers - May 09, 2011
- Maximizer CRM 11 Entrepreneur and Team Editions Released in India - Sep 22, 2010
- Microsoft buys Yammer for $1.2 bn - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: business productivity solutions, comprehensive security, e mail, enterprise class, enterprise customers, flexible usage, high availability, india pvt ltd, infrastructure investments, launch, managing director, medium businesses, microsoft corporation, microsoft launches office, microsoft office, New Delhi, operational costs, payment model, services strategy, streamlined communication