Mars Landing Site Named for Ray BradburyAugust 23rd, 2012 - 6:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Aug 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The late scientist Ray Bradbury has been given a privilege even when he is deep into his grave. The NASA agencies named their new chapter of the Chronicles today as Mars rover Curiosity’s landing site, which is named after the late scientist.
It is a honor that even in his grave his presence is still being felt in the world of the living. Ray was an author as well, thus the new chapter is written for his remembrance. According to NASA, the honor was a dedication to the legacy of Ray and to the Mars Exploration as well.
The scientist died at the age of 91 living a big legacy behind. His first book was known as Martian Chronicles. It comprised of pictures made out of paintings of the human exploration of mars. The pictures were accompanied by some kind of stories that would help in supporting his claims.
His first book was published in 1950. It became a fond series of many and it adapted into video games and TV series. If he was living today he would be 92 years old but his legacy which is still being felt is expected to last for decades. Many reports say that his book has really inspired many and changed the lives of people as well.
- Curiosity makes maiden move on Mars - Aug 23, 2012
- Big B remembers Ray Bradbury - Jun 07, 2012
- US science fiction writer Ray Bradbury dies - Jun 07, 2012
- Mars rover Curiosity targets football-sized rock - Sep 20, 2012
- Curiosity rover to test wheels, fire rock-shooting laser - Aug 18, 2012
- Curiosity lands on Mars - Aug 06, 2012
- Mars rover landing to be broadcast live - Aug 01, 2012
- NASA completes `brain transplant' on Curiosity rover - Aug 15, 2012
- Mars rover sends back human voice recording - Aug 28, 2012
- NASA to launch new mission to Mars Saturday - Nov 24, 2011
- Curiosity sends first 3D images from Mars - Aug 08, 2012
- US rover to scout for Mars' habitability - Nov 27, 2011
- NASA rover lands on Mars to discover if there was life (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Water in Mars regions may have rudimentary life - Dec 13, 2011
- NASA picks landing site for next Mars probe - Jul 23, 2011
Tags: curiosity, decades, dedication, exploration of mars, human exploration, legacy, mars exploration, mars landing, mars rover, martian, nasa, new chapter, paintings, presence, privilege, ray bradbury, remembrance, scientist, tv series, video games