Lenovo plans research and development centre in IndiaMarch 13th, 2008 - 7:21 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) Lenovo Group Ltd, world’s leading computer manufacturer, Thursday said it is exploring opportunities for setting up its own research and development (R&D) centre in India. “We are constantly evaluating opportunities of setting up an R&D centre here,” Amar Babu, managing director of Lenovo India, told reporters here.
The Chinese personal computer maker, which bought International Business Machines (IBM) Corp.’s PC unit in 2005, is planning overseas investments and large-scale acquisitions in the emerging markets of India, Brazil, Mexico, the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
In February, the company had acquired Mexico’s Sanmina-SCI that makes computers for IBM sold in the US and Europe.
- CX Precision Mechanical to set up facility at Sri City - May 09, 2012
- Tamil Nadu invites electronic industries' ancillaries - Mar 28, 2010
- Lenovo unveils 12 new products, sees double-digit market share - Jun 23, 2010
- Lenovo wants to do a China in India - Jun 30, 2009
- Sanmina SCI worker's strike enters second day (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- India to play major role in Dell's networking plans - Sep 13, 2011
- Sharda Motors looks for equity investor - Feb 11, 2012
- CA Technologies to focus on growth areas, raise headcount - Sep 10, 2010
- Workers of India unit of US-based firm on strike - Feb 16, 2011
- Today is the IBM PC's 30th birthday - Aug 12, 2011
- Apollo Tyres restructures its R&D; division - May 24, 2012
- Synergy to build Huawei R&D facility in Bangalore - Dec 14, 2010
- BRIC revenues help push IBM profits - Apr 18, 2012
- IBM net income up 12 percent boosted by BRIC sales - Oct 19, 2010
- US optical networking firm expands Bangalore research facility - Dec 05, 2011