Latest visual computing technology displayed at Hyderabad meetJanuary 20th, 2009 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 20 (IANS) The world’s latest visual computing technology was Tuesday showcased at ‘Visual Computing Seminar’ here with leaders from the government, industrial and corporate communities learning more about revolutionary technology and seeing hands-on demos.NVIDIA, the world leader in visual computing technology, organised the seminar in association with The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), a global network of entrepreneurs and professionals and Hyderabad Software Exporters’ Association (HYSEA).
Leading institutes, manufacturers, IT innovators and public organisations discussed the future of the revolutionary computing technology - Graphics Processing Unit (GPU).
“The GPU has moved far beyond its gaming origins. This computer chip now makes home PCs more powerful and affordable, helps businesses to reduce their costs and provides scientists with supercomputers right on their desks,” said J. A. Chowdary, president of TiE.
NVIDIA demonstrated three optimised and three non-optimised PC systems currently available in India.
“The ability to optimise PCs is a vital sales tool for manufacturers and system builders wanting to offer attractive deals to their customers, particularly in an intensely price-conscious market like India,” said a statement by NVIDIA.
The seminar witnessed the demonstration of Tegra products, developed by the NVIDIA design centre in Hyderabad. This applications processor technology brings the rich visual computing experience to smartphones and mobile internet devices.
- Chowdary on TiE global board - Nov 04, 2008
- Industry not bothered who gets Hyderabad (Lead) - Dec 12, 2009
- AMD unveils new chip for powering computer applications - Feb 01, 2011
- Over 2,000 aspiring entrepreneurs to gather at TiE summit - Dec 19, 2010
- Business community not bothered about Hyderabad's future - Dec 12, 2009
- Technology designed to blast aliens in games now part of new computer cluster - Nov 25, 2009
- TiE announces awards for entrepreneurs - Aug 29, 2012
- TiE turning immigrants into millionaires - May 18, 2011
- Satyam no longer pride of Andhra Pradesh - Apr 13, 2009
- Indus Entrepreneurs to honour young entrepreneurs - Nov 03, 2010
- Chinese supercomputers to use homemade microchips - Mar 08, 2011
- Wipro unveils slimmest ultrabook for Indian market - Feb 21, 2012
- 20 Indian geeks to flag innovations at EmTech - Mar 26, 2012
- GTX 580 From The Stable Of Nvidia Unleashed - Nov 10, 2010
- China makes world's fastest supercomputer - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: computer chip, computing technology, conscious market, corporate communities, exporters association, global network, graphics processing unit, home pcs, indus entrepreneurs, innovators, mobile internet devices, processor technology, public organisations, revolutionary technology, showcased, smartphones, software exporters, supercomputers, visual computing, world leader