Konkan Railway’s anti-collision device patentedApril 25th, 2008 - 8:25 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, April 25 (IANS) The Konkan Railway’s (KR) unique safety feature, the Anti-Collision Device (ACD), has been granted patent by China, Russia and Singapore. The ACD, designed by KR engineers, is a microprocessor-based equipment that prevents collision of train in mid-sections, station area and at level crossings.
The ACD is installed in locomotives of trains, guard vans, stations, and at level crossing gates. Since the device needs no manual input, it enhances safety in train operations, a KR spokesperson said here Friday.
The KR has applied for worldwide patents for this technology but was only granted it in India and South Africa.
The ACD was first commissioned on the Northeast Frontier Railway last year. It covers 1,924 broad gauge route km, 202 stations and 589 diesel locomotives, requiring a total of 1,508 ACD units.
Now the KR has submitted a proposal for providing ACD on South Central Railway, South Western Railway and Southern Railway, covering a total of 200 stations and more than 1,600 route km with 3,200 ACD units, the spokesperson said.
- Konkan Railways gets patent for anti-collision device in China, Russia, Singapore - Apr 26, 2008
- Train anti-collision device trials not satisfactory: CAG - May 25, 2012
- Railways pulled up over delay in safety steps - Sep 20, 2011
- Anti-collision devices to cover 8 rail zones: Mamata - Feb 25, 2011
- Anti-collision device could have averted latest train accident - Jul 19, 2010
- Why doesnt railways implement the anti-collision device, asks designer - Aug 13, 2010
- Poor funding, vision on rail safety causing mishaps: Experts - Jul 12, 2011
- Opposition slams government over 'political vacuum' in rail ministry (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Rail Budget to be presented in Parliament today - Feb 24, 2010
- Indian Rail budget focuses on increased security - Feb 24, 2010
- Railways grappling with anti-collision device - Sep 02, 2011
- Railways to take over East-West Metro project - Apr 24, 2012
- No rail accidents after new technology is installed: Mamata - Oct 07, 2010
- Mamata Banerjee promises to make Indian Railways accident-free - Oct 27, 2010
- Despite accidents, Railways dithers over anti-collision device - Jan 17, 2010
Tags: acd, broad gauge, china russia, diesel locomotives, frontier, gates, konkan railway, level crossings, manual input, northeast frontier railway, safety feature, south africa, south central railway, south western railway, southern railway, spokesperson, train operations, trains, vans, worldwide patents