Kolkata Municipal Corporation starts e-transaction centresFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 3 (IANS) The Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC), for the first time, started computerised citizen service centres, where people will be able to make municipal transactions without queuing up at the KMC headquarters, a top official said Tuesday. The two centres, named ‘e-Kolkata Citizen Service Centre’, were inaugurated Tuesday at Kasba and Kankurgachi areas in southern and northeastern parts of the city respectively.
“This is the first time the KMC is implementing e-governance in its true sense. These centres will help people make transactions related to payment of property tax dues, trade license fees, fees related to parking, markets and survey and estate departments without standing in long queues at KMC headquarters or borough offices,” Mayor Bikash Ranjan Bhattacharya told reporters Tuesday evening.
The KMC has utilised over Rs.10 million to operationalise the e-Kolkata initiative, deriving money from funds of the British government’s Department for International Development (DfID).
Grievance redressal, issue of fresh licence, birth registration and other services will also be rolled out in these centres within six months.
“At least 13 more such centres will come up across the city in another one year. Besides, we will also be launching a KMC website soon so that people can make transactions via internet, even from home,” Bhattacharya said.
- Punjab to provide e-convenience in all local bodies - Nov 09, 2010
- Mamata hints at siphoning of funds during Left's rule - Aug 22, 2011
- Mamata tsunami hits Left, Congress still a factor (Roundup) - Jun 02, 2010
- Bengal to increase awareness in dengue affected areas - Aug 11, 2012
- Iraqi delegation in Bangalore to study e-governance projects - Apr 21, 2011
- Government working to get information on black money: President - Mar 12, 2012
- Land transactions go online in Karnataka to check delays - Jun 24, 2011
- Parts of Kolkata waterlogged after rains - Apr 06, 2012
- Bahrain launches single e-ID for government services - Jan 10, 2011
- Pitroda bats for e-governance - Jan 23, 2012
- Kolkata projects to be named after Jyoti Basu - Jan 31, 2010
- Over 100 shanties gutted in Kolkata fire (Lead) - Mar 05, 2010
- CPI-M to dissect debacle, speculation on Kolkata mayor - Jun 03, 2010
- Contempt plea against Mamata on judiciary remarks (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- E-governance to wipe out touts in Tripura: Minister - Sep 15, 2011
Tags: 10 million, bhattacharya, bikash, birth registration, british government, citizen service centre, dfid, e governance, grievance, initiative, kasba, kmc, kolkata municipal corporation, property tax, queues, ranjan, six months, transaction centres, true sense, tuesday evening