KLM opts for Kerala firm’s crew management solutionJuly 3rd, 2008 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 3 (IANS) IBS Software Services, a provider of information technology (IT) solutions to the travel, transportation and logistics industry, has signed an agreement with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines for providing a crew management solution. The company said here Thursday the airline will gradually replace the existing mainframe system with IBS crew management solution AvientCrew.
AvientCrew will help KLM manage all aspects of their crew operations - from planning vacations and roster systems, to tracking performance.
“This new system for roster maintenance for our cabin and cockpit crew is very important for KLM operations,” Y. de Haan, the airline’s executive vice-president of operations, was quoted as saying.
“We see this deal as a major milestone for IBS and the AvientCrew product,” IBS chairman and chief executive V.K. Mathews said.
The existing clients of IBS include Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Iberia, China Southern Airlines, Oman Air, Air New Zealand, Qatar Airways, Qantas and airports which include Heathrow and Gatwick in London, and the New Tokyo International Airport.
Since its inception in the late 1990s, IBS has developed 17 software products for the travel, transportation and logistics sectors.
- Malaysia Airlines opts for IBS crew management solution - Jun 30, 2009
- IBS successfully implemented 55 solutions in 2010: CEO - Jan 26, 2011
- IBS to host global aviation conference in Dubai next week - Oct 22, 2010
- IBS Software acquires Moveo Systems - Nov 01, 2011
- Ireland's leading airline opts for Indian solution - Oct 10, 2011
- Cathay Pacific opts for Kerala IT firm's solution - Feb 07, 2011
- IBS inks deal with German TUI Group Airlines - Aug 19, 2010
- Kerala firm inks deal with Italian cargo airline - May 26, 2011
- JetBlue Airways adopts Kerala IT company's solution - Jun 21, 2010
- Tokyo airport uses Kerala IT firm solution for cargo operation - Nov 03, 2010
- Australian airline Qantas using Kerala IT firm's solution - Jun 10, 2010
- Polish Airlines opts for Technopark IT firm's software - Aug 09, 2012
- Technopark IT firm wins 'excellence in Air Cargo' award - Mar 02, 2011
- Oman Air, India's IBS in crew rostering, fleet management pact (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jun 03, 2008
- Kerala firm's IT solution to power South African Airways - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: air new zealand, cathay pacific, china southern airlines, cockpit crew, crew management, crew operations, klm, klm royal dutch, klm royal dutch airlines, mainframe system, management solution, mathews, oman air, opts, qantas, qatar airways, royal dutch airlines, software services, tokyo international, vice president of operations