Khamenei congratulates Iranian scientists on satellite launchFebruary 4th, 2009 - 2:51 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Feb 4 (IANS) Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has complimented Iranian scientists for their success in sending the first domestically-produced satellite into orbit, IRNA reported.In a message Tuesday in response to a letter from President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Ayatollah Khamenei expressed appreciation for the efforts of Iranian officials and scientists “for their efforts which made such a praiseworthy move possible”.
“This is another sign that the hope that the Islamic Revolution has brought to hearts is true,” he stated.
Iran launched its first domestically-built satellite into orbit Tuesday as part of celebrations to mark the 30th anniversary of the victory of Islamic Revolution in Iran.
The Omid (Hope) lightweight telecommunications satellite was sent into space by the Iranian-produced satellite carrier Safir 2.
President Ahmadinejad hailed the move as a new achievement written in history.
- Iran marks 33rd anniversary of Islamic Revolution - Feb 12, 2012
- Iran launches satellite - Feb 03, 2012
- Iran to 'powerfully' respond to a US attack - Nov 10, 2011
- Iran to set up space launch base - Feb 04, 2012
- Iran's parliamentary elections blow to enemies: Khamenei - Mar 01, 2012
- Zardari to visit Iran for talks: Iranian envoy - Jul 14, 2011
- Khamenei orders institute to control cyberspace - Mar 08, 2012
- Iran pardons 130 inmates ahead of Eid al-Fitr - Aug 16, 2012
- Iran launches its first domestic satellite - Feb 03, 2009
- Iran to launch three new satellites - Nov 13, 2011
- Ready to examine US evidence on alleged assassination plot: Iran - Oct 18, 2011
- Iran tests new satellite rocket (Lead) - Feb 03, 2010
- Iran tests new satellite rocket - Feb 03, 2010
- Iran to respond 'strongly' to any 'destructive' US act - Oct 16, 2011
- Iran not pursuing n-arms, says Khamenei - Feb 22, 2012
Tags: 30th anniversary, ali khamenei, ayatollah khamenei, celebrations, hearts, iran, iranian officials, islamic revolution, launch, mahmoud ahmadinejad, orbit, president ahmadinejad, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, satellite carrier, scientists, supreme leader, tehran, telecommunications satellite, victory