Kerala to set up life science parkFebruary 14th, 2009 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 14 (IANS) State-run Kerala State Industrial Development Corp (KSIDC) will set up a state-of-the-art life science park near here, it was announced Saturday.
The Rs.3 billion (Rs.300 crore) project would be developed under public-private partnership model, a KSIDC release said.
The park will come up in 260 acres at Thonnakkal, about 25 km from here.
“It will be a geographic cluster of industries in the field of biotechnology or nanotechnology, research institutions and sci-tech academia,” the release said.
KSIDC also envisages a separate company, Trivandrum Life Sciences Park Co, for developing the park.
The park will house an incubation centre, a technology development centre, biotechnology companies, drug discovery companies, pure play firms and also contract research outsourcing units, the statement said.
It added that the park would address the IT related needs of the rapidly emerging life sciences industry and attract huge investments in related areas.
- Himachal to develop biotechnology park - Dec 27, 2011
- Karnataka to provide more funds to promote nanotechnology - Dec 08, 2011
- Himachal wants private partner for biotech park - Mar 08, 2011
- KSIDC to work on projects worth Rs.100,000 crore - Jul 25, 2011
- Bengal needs to grow in biotech space: Buddhadeb - Feb 28, 2011
- Bangalore Nano to focus on business opportunities - Aug 28, 2012
- Indian biotech sector rebounds on global recovery - Jun 02, 2010
- Himachal to develop biotechnology park - Jul 27, 2010
- World class innovation park to be set up near Mumbai - Sep 16, 2010
- Bangalore to host 10th edition of biotech expo June 2 - May 25, 2010
- Chinese software park's success a wakeup call for Indian IT industry - Oct 03, 2011
- Andhra plans three agri business investment regions (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Work begins on Rs.100 crore knowledge park in Orissa - Oct 25, 2009
- Kerala sets up new company for high speed rail - Sep 15, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to get new marine biotech park - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: art life, biotechnology companies, contract research, drug discovery, feb 14, incubation centre, ksidc, life science, life sciences industry, nanotechnology research, park co, partnership model, public private partnership, research institutions, research outsourcing, Sci-Tech, science park, separate company, technology development centre, thiruvananthapuram