Kerala IT firm hunts for talent among hackersMay 26th, 2011 - 6:51 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, May 26 (IANS) A Kerala-based IT firm, MobME Wireless, Thursday announced an online contest called CodeJAM to find the smartest computer hackers from the state’s colleges, an official said.
The company, incubated at Technopark here, said the contest was a unique way to reward the best programmers and was open to all regardless of their degree or educational merit. The contest will be hosted at codejam.mobme.in.
MobME CEO Sanjay Vijayakumar said that Silicon Valley in the US was created because of path-breaking solutions. The smartest of the hackers, coders and geeks who built world-class solutions in the valley were not the highest scoring students.
“With this contest, we want to find this rare breed from Kerala: the talented people who are super passionate about the code that they write and who can make a huge difference by creating path-breaking innovations for us,” said Vijayakumar.
Launching June 16, the online contest will run for a fortnight and a programming puzzle would be hosted in a specially crafted web portal at 11 p.m. for 14 consecutive nights.
Daily winners will be given a cash prize of Rs.1,000 each during this period. On the 15th day, MobME will conduct a live coding contest at their Kochi office and the winner would walk away with a grand prize of Rs.1 lakh.
The contest is open to any student from Kerala’s colleges who have a passion for programming puzzles. Apart from cash prizes, the winners will also be presented offer letters to join MobME.
Students interested to participate in the contest may watch out for the daily question starting June 16 at www.codejam.mobme.in.
MobME Wireless focuses on value-added services for mobile phone users and carrier-grade solutions for mobile network operators. It is the only technology company to have won the Nasscom Innovation Award twice.
- Three Kerala IT firms win Nasscom honours - Oct 10, 2011
- Voting booth details available on SMS in Kerala - Mar 29, 2011
- India's first Startup Village at Kochi - Jan 18, 2012
- India's first telecom business incubator in Kerala - Oct 27, 2011
- Kochi Startup Village to have 2,000 IT firms - Sep 18, 2012
- BlackBerry makers to set up innovation zone in Kochi - May 30, 2012
- NIA officials get secure 3G communication system - Jul 03, 2012
- Nasscom confers lifetime award on Tally's Goenka - Nov 09, 2011
- Tata Tele crosses 77 million subscribers mark - Sep 13, 2010
- Students' ideas ready for incubation in Kerala - Sep 05, 2012
- Digital lifestyle brand Belkin launches 24x7 helpline in Hindi - Nov 22, 2011
- Patna team to represent India at global tech competition in Sydney - Apr 26, 2012
- 7 Indian Americans among Intel's future 40 - Feb 03, 2012
- Caitlin Burke Surprises Audience By Solving "Wheel Of Fortune" Puzzle With One Letter - Nov 09, 2010
- Capture essence of India on video - to win - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: carrier grade, cash prize, cash prizes, coders, computer hackers, consecutive nights, educational merit, fortnight, grade solutions, innovation award, mobile network operators, mobile phone users, rare breed, rs 1, sanjay, silicon valley, technopark, value added services, vijayakumar, world class solutions