Karnataka targets Rs.4 trillion software exports by 2020August 15th, 2012 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 15 (IANS) With about 40 percent share of software export from India, Karnataka has set an ambitious export target of a whopping Rs.4 trillion (Rs.4 lakh crore) by 2020 for the resilient IT services industry in the state.
“We propose to increase the annual export of software to about Rs.4 lakh crore by 2020 from Rs.135,000 crore in fiscal 2011-12 and increase employment opportunities to about two million people from 800,000 at present,” Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said Wednesday.
Addressing the state after unfurling the tri-colour and inspecting the guard of honour at the Field Marshal Manekshaw parade ground in the city centre, Shettar said the state had the distinction of implementing many policies for the first time in the country in the knowledge sector, including on semiconductor, animation and gaming.
“Karnataka tops in the country in the information technology and bio-technology (IT & BT) sectors. The World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) have ranked Bangalore as the 16th city globally to attract investments,” Shettar said.
Claiming that the second Global Investors’ Meet in June was a huge success, the chief minister said the state government had signed agreements for 712 projects with an investment potential of Rs.7.6 trillion (Rs.7.6 lakh crore).
“A separate web portal has been launched Aug 10 to ensure transparency and speedy implementation of these projects. The portal will also help investors and the public to know details of the projects being implemented and clearances given by the departments,” Shettar pointed out.
- Karnataka exceeds investment target, hits Rs.9-trillion mark (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Karnataka clears 28 projects worth Rs.8,622 crore investments - Jul 14, 2011
- Once bitten, Karnataka not shy to woo investors again - Jun 06, 2012
- Karnataka India's second preferred investment destination: Assocham - Jun 16, 2011
- Karnataka India's second preferred investment destination: Assocham (Lead, correcting name in para one) - Jun 16, 2011
- Karnataka gets Rs.5-trillion worth investment proposals (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Karnataka draws action plan for drought-hit (Second Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Karnataka lags behind in attracting FDI: Assocham - Aug 28, 2012
- Karnataka gets 400 projects worth Rs.4 trillion (Lead) - Jun 04, 2010
- Karnataka hopes to attract $120 bn in investments - Mar 01, 2012
- Karnataka celebrates Independence Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Karnataka global investors' meet kicks off - Jun 07, 2012
- Invest in Andhra Pradesh, it is safe: Minister - Feb 04, 2011
- PPPs to boost infrastructure industry: Economic Survey - Mar 15, 2012
- Only 35 percent of investments in Karnataka took off: Assocham - Aug 08, 2010
Tags: bio technology, chief minister, crore, export target, field marshal, global investors, guard of honour, international monetary fund, international monetary fund imf, parade ground, semiconductor, software export, software exports, speedy implementation, state government, tri colour, trillion, two million, web portal, whopping rs