JNTU, Synopsis to launch new software design programmeJanuary 29th, 2011 - 12:39 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 28 (IANS) Synopsys, the US-headquartered world leader in software designing, and Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) in Hyderabad Friday signed an agreement to establish microelectronics programme at the JNTU.The programme is aimed at training local talent and providing highly skilled specialists that can address the complex design requirements of semiconductor industry companies, an official said.
The plan is for the newly established bachelors and masters programmes in JNTU-Hyderabad to provide skill development opportunities to more than 300,000 students every year.
JNTU-Hyderabad is the largest nodal university in India with more than 300 affiliated colleges.
Under the programme, Synopsys will give the university students access to the company’s digital and embedded electronic design automation (EDA) software as part of its worldwide university programme.
JNTU-Hyderabad will use the instructional services from Seer Akademi, a curriculum partner and member of the Synopsys University Programme, to effectively administer the curriculum and to ensure effective use.
“The huge promise that India holds for the growth of the high tech electronics systems industry depends to a large extent on the availability of qualified, industry-ready, engineers,” said Doctor Pradip Dutta, corporate vice president and managing director at Synopsys India.
“JNTU-Hyderabad is pleased to receive this unique honour,” said Vice-Chancellor D. Narasimha Reddy. “JNTU-Hyderabad’s collaboration with Synopsys and Seer Akademi will result in a new generation of highly skilled industry ready graduates and professors” he added.
- Advanced electronics lab coming up in Bangalore - Jul 20, 2012
- Indian Angel Network invests $1 mn in Vayavya Labs - Jul 18, 2011
- IGNOU teams up with Deutsche Welle - Aug 07, 2012
- TalentSprint announces programme for engineering graduates - Apr 13, 2010
- Karnataka unveils new policies to boost ICT, hardware - Jun 20, 2011
- India to help Vietnamese teachers in English training - Mar 29, 2012
- Sibal endorses new telecom, IT policies - Oct 20, 2011
- Vocational courses being designed to improve employability: Sibal - Aug 05, 2011
- Now, workforce a major bottleneck for realty development (Comment) - Aug 05, 2012
- IGNOU, FDDI launch 8 new courses - May 03, 2011
- Diamond could help design tougher chips - Aug 05, 2011
- Infosys to train British youth in software skills - May 09, 2012
- IGNOU backs e-learning - Aug 26, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses on traditional knowledge systems - Jul 12, 2011
- Telangana protest reaches CM's office, strike continues - Sep 26, 2011
Tags: corporate vice president, design programme, eda software, electronic design automation, electronics systems, high tech electronics, instructional services, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru technological university, jntu hyderabad, narasimha reddy, nodal, seer, semiconductor industry, skill development opportunities, skilled industry, skilled specialists, synopsys university, vice chancellor, worldwide university