IT made giant strides in Kerala under Left rule: AchuthanandanJanuary 9th, 2011 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
Cherthala (Kerala), Jan 9 (IANS) Kerala’s IT sector made giant strides under the present Left Front government, with software exports going up from Rs.630 crores to Rs.3,200 crores, Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan said here Sunday.”In the past four-and-a-half years, the IT industry in the state has grown both in terms of exports and infrastructure. The number of IT parks has increased from two to 10 and Kerala ranks first in the growth of IT infrastructure, which has grown five fold,” he said.
The chief minister, who also holds the IT portfolio, Sunday inaugurated the first phase of the Cherthala IT park, 30 km from the district headquarters of Alappuzha.
The first phase of the park includes a 100,000-sq ft area that could employ around 1,500 people.
The total user space at Technopark in Thiruvananthapuram and Infopark campus in Kochi grew from 19 lakh square feet to one crore square feet, he claimed, adding that 428 acres of land has been clared for the proposed Technocity campus coming up near Technopark.
The second phase of the Koratty IT park near Aluva in Ernakulam district was opened Saturday by Achuthanandan.
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- Technopark creating big employment in Kerala - Mar 30, 2012
- Infosys to set up second campus in Thiruvananthapuram - Apr 04, 2012
- Kerala IT team to visit global infotech fair - Mar 01, 2011
- Oracle to open in Technopark Kerala Thursday - Jun 14, 2011
- Two lakh new IT jobs in Kerala in two years: Achuthanandan - Oct 10, 2009
- Leela Group set to open IT campus in Technopark - May 15, 2009
- Kerala set to open first phase of Rs.600-cr IT park - Sep 18, 2009
- TCS signs biggest land deal in Kerala infotech sector - Jan 05, 2011
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012
- Kochi Infopark readies for second phase - Oct 12, 2011
- TCS to set up training centre at Technocity - Sep 13, 2010
- US Consul General McIntyre visits Kerala Infopark - Jun 14, 2012
- Oracle sets up office in Technopark in Kerala - Apr 18, 2011
- Kerala Technocity project to be launched June 4 - May 29, 2010
Tags: aluva, cherthala, chief minister, crore, crores, district headquarters, giant strides, half years, infrastructure, kerala, lakh, second phase, software exports, sq ft area, square feet, technopark, thiruvananthapuram, v s achuthanandan