Iran test-fires another missileAugust 25th, 2010 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Aug 25 (IANS) Iran has successfully test-fired a new version of the domestically-built surface-to-surface missile, Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi said Wednesday.
Vahidi announced that the new generation of Fateh-110 is a medium-range ballistic missile with improved precision in targeting, Press TV reported.
The new version of Fatah missile is a single stage solid propellant.
Iran has unveiled a series of domestically-produced weaponry over the past few weeks, which include the short range missile Qiam (Rising) and the Karrar — Iran’s first Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV).
Tehran says the weapons are part of its doctrine of defence and are aimed at strengthening security in the region.
- Iran successfully tests Fateh-110 missile - Aug 26, 2010
- Iran test fires surface-to-surface missile - Aug 20, 2010
- Iran test-fires 300 km-range missile - Aug 04, 2012
- Iran unveils first indigenous drone - Aug 22, 2010
- Iran to unveil new home-made UAV - Jan 30, 2012
- Iran holds air defence drills - Jul 12, 2012
- Iran unveils surface-to-air missile - Sep 05, 2011
- Iran unveils first unmanned aerial vehicle to deliver "peace and friendship" - Aug 23, 2010
- Pakistan tests nuclear capable, short-range missile (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Pakistan to test-fire n-missile - May 19, 2012
- Iran to develop missile defence system - Apr 22, 2010
- Iran test-fires ballistic missiles - Jul 03, 2012
- N-capable missiles in India's arsenal [To go with India test-fires 5,000 km Agni-V missile, China cautious (Roundup) - Apr 19, 2012
- Iran starts production of medium range missiles - Mar 12, 2010
- Pakistan test-fires n-capable missile (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
Tags: ahmad, defence minister, fatah, fateh 110, iran, missile defence, new generation, range ballistic missile, range missile, solid propellant, strengthening security, surface to surface missile, tehran, unmanned aerial vehicle, weaponry, weapons