Iran indicates N-fuel technology breakthroughJanuary 24th, 2010 - 5:33 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Jan 24 (IANS) Indicating a major breakthrough in the field of nuclear fuel enrichment technology, Iran said Sunday it will disclose the achievement in the coming weeks.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said he will soon give “good news” regarding the 20-percent enriched fuel needed for a medical research reactor in Tehran.
The president will announce the news during the coming weeks, which commemorate the Dahe-ye Fajr (the 10 Days of Dawn) and the lead-up to the victory of the 1979 Islamic Revolution, Press TV reported.
“Anyone would be glad to hear the wonderful news as it is about the country’s recent achievements in science and technology,” Ahmadinejad told reporters here.
The President, however, did not elaborate further on the issue.
The statement comes as Iran has been waiting for the response from developed countries to a proposed nuclear deal for its research reactor in Tehran that produces medical isotopes.
The six major powers involved in nuclear talks with Iran have proposed that Tehran accept the draft deal which requires it to send most of its home-produced low enriched uranium abroad to be converted into more refined fuel for the reactor.
However, Tehran has been maintaining that the proposal does not provide enough guarantees that the West would fulfil its commitments.
Instead, officials in Tehran have asserted that they will accept the draft deal if the swap takes place in the Iranian southern island of Kish.
- Iran unveils latest nuclear achievements (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Iran says it has produced 20kg of enriched uranium - Jul 12, 2010
- Iran to install fuel rods in n-reactor Wednesday - Feb 15, 2012
- Ahmadinejad urges Russia to rethink support for UN sanctions - May 26, 2010
- Ahmadinejad to unveil nuclear achievements Wednesday - Feb 15, 2012
- Nuclear swap deal, opportunity for dialogue: Iran - May 23, 2010
- Iran ready for new nuclear talks in August: Ahmadinejad - Jun 28, 2010
- Iran unveils nuclear achievements, cuts oil exports (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Iran could start uranium enrichment alone: Ahmadinejad - Feb 08, 2010
- Iran parliament to discuss bill reducing cooperation with IAEA - Jun 13, 2010
- Iran ready for uranium exchange deal - Feb 03, 2010
- Iran has 'no problem' in swapping uranium with West: Ahmadinejad - Feb 03, 2010
- Iran produces 70 kg high-grade enriched uranium - Oct 18, 2011
- Iran to begin work on new nuclear plant - Apr 20, 2010
- Iran starts enriching uranium to 20 percent - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: days of dawn, developed countries, fajr, fuel enrichment, fuel technology, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, islamic revolution, jan 24, mahmoud ahmadinejad, nuclear deal, nuclear fuel, nuclear talks, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, research reactor, science and technology, talks with iran, technology breakthrough, tehran, wonderful news