iPhone 4S hits Indian stores, starts at Rs.44,500 (Lead)November 25th, 2011 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 25 (IANS) Over a month after its co-founder and tech guru Steve Jobs died, computer technology giant Apple Friday launched iPhone 4S priced between Rs.44,500 and Rs.57,500 in the Indian market.
Customers and enthusiast were seen thronging stores across the country to get a glimpse of the latest offering from Apple’s stable.
The phone hit the US market Oct 14.
The smart phone was launched by leading telecom operators Bharti Airtel and Aircel in three variants starting from Rs.44,500 for the 16 GB model, Rs.50,900 for 32 GB, to Rs.57,500 for 64 GB versions.
The firms are also offering various data plans along with the handsets.
The smart phone is powered by an A5 chip and delivers up to two times faster performance and seven times faster graphics.
Its eight-megapixel camera allows users to also record 1080p HD video with image stabilisation.
The handset is also equipped with the new operating system iOS 5 and has over 200 new features, including notification centre and Twitter integration.
The phone sports a new voice-activated personal assistant feature Siri, which allows for using voice to send messages, make calls, set reminders and many other things.
iPhone 4S sold more than four million units in three days since its launch Oct 14, making it the fastest-selling iPhone ever. More than one million units were pre-ordered in the first 24 hours after the new product was revealed Oct 4.
Jobs, the heart and soul of the computer technologies giant Apple, died of pancreatic cancer Oct 5 at the age of 56, just a day after Apple’s new CEO Tim Cook unveiled the iPhone 4S in the company’s headquarters in Cupertino, California.
- iPhone 4S launched in India starting Rs.44,500 - Nov 25, 2011
- Apple's iPhone 4S sales top four mn in three days - Oct 18, 2011
- Apple's new iPad launched in India - Apr 27, 2012
- iPhone 5 sets a 2 million sales record - Sep 18, 2012
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in France, Italy - Oct 05, 2011
- Apple to reveal new iPhone Thursday - Oct 03, 2011
- Apple invades BlackBerry territory with iPhone 4 - Jul 31, 2010
- iPhone 4S sales top 4 mn in first weekend: Apple - Oct 18, 2011
- BlackBerry stock sinks as new device is no iPhone 4 'killer' - Aug 04, 2010
- Intel-powered smartphone, tablet to enter market in 2012 - Dec 22, 2011
- Apple doubles profit on solid iPhone sales - Apr 25, 2012
- Apple's iCloud launched for developers - Aug 02, 2011
- Apple flash mob to be held in St.Petersburg - Oct 14, 2011
- Apple to unveil new iPhone - Sep 28, 2011
- Apple's iPad named 'Gadget of the Year' - Oct 12, 2010
Tags: 4s, aircel, airtel, computer technologies, cupertino california, giant apple, heart and soul, image stabilisation, iphone, launch, market customers, megapixel camera, model rs, notification centre, pancreatic cancer, siri, smart phone, technology giant, telecom operators, tim cook