iPad crowned gadget of the yearOctober 12th, 2010 - 1:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 12 (IANS) Apple’s iPad has been named Gadget of the Year at an international technology awards event.
The US electronics giant bagged five top prizes at the T3 Gadget Awards 2010 in London Monday night, The Sun reported.
The 10-inch touchscreen tablet computer was also named Innovation of the Year.
The MacBook Pro laptop was awarded Best Computer and the Apple Store was Best Retailer.
But Apple were pipped as Best Technology Brand by mobile phone rivals HTC, whose Desire handset also won Phone of the Year.
T3 magazine editor Luke Peters said over 750,000 people voted in 19 categories, which shows “how passionate consumers have become about technology”.
- Apple's iPad named 'Gadget of the Year' - Oct 12, 2010
- Mobile phone doubling up as laptop could dethrone iPad - Apr 01, 2011
- Apple unveils MacBook Air - thinnest, lightest laptop - Oct 21, 2010
- Best Cyber Monday Deals From Apple - Nov 30, 2010
- Apple eyes Israeli flash memory maker Anobit - Dec 14, 2011
- New Macintosh Laptop And Desktop Models Expected In 2011 - Dec 21, 2010
- Apple Profits Soar From Strong iMac And iPad Sales - Jul 21, 2010
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- Samsung unveils Galaxy to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 03, 2010
- Apple Unveils New Laptop Software At Company's Headquarters - Oct 21, 2010
- Mini-laptop market to shrink by 40 mn in 2012 - Dec 08, 2011
- HTC launches Sensation smartphone in India - Jun 16, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor named brand ambassador of year - Mar 22, 2011
- BlackPad: Can It Be The iPad Killer? - Sep 22, 2010
- Apple to introduce iPad 3 in March - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: apple store, awards event, best computer, best technology, consumers, desire, gadget, giant, htc, innovation, international technology, ipad, laptop, mobile phone, monday night, rivals, tablet computer, technology awards, technology brand, top prizes