International award for Kerala State IT MissionJuly 3rd, 2011 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 3 (IANS) The Kerala State IT Mission (KSITM) has received this year’s Computer World Honors Program Laureate awards for two of its projects in the economic opportunity and health categories.
KSITM is an autonomous nodal IT implementation agency for the information technology department.
The awards are instituted by the International Data Group (IDG) — the largest technology media and research organisation in the world, headquarters at Boston, US.
KSITM was honoured in the health category for its SMS project developed with the technical support of the National Informatics Kerala.
The programme provides information on health-related resources via SMS to those urgently needing to locate the nearest health facility.
The project that received the award in the economic opportunity category involved utilisation of mobile technologies innovatively to create, improve and inclusively deliver public service with better transparency, accountability.
State IT Minister P.K. Kunhalikutty said that he was delighted to see that KSITM had established its footprint amongst the leading innovators of the world.
Both the nominations found their place amongst the 45 finalists chosen by an international jury, from amongst 1,200 nominations from across the globe.
- Australia wants to partner Kerala in agro-based services - Jun 18, 2012
- KSIDC to work on projects worth Rs.100,000 crore - Jul 25, 2011
- Kerala looking for private investment in mega projects - Aug 13, 2012
- Chandy to lead 'Emerging Kerala' road show in Mumbai (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- India's first telecom business incubator in Kerala - Oct 27, 2011
- Kerala expecting huge overseas investment: Chandy - Apr 20, 2012
- Kerala to focus more on its newer industries - Jun 14, 2011
- Indian NGO Chintan chosen for first US Innovation Award - Mar 08, 2012
- Kerala has a lot to offer, Chandy tells business leaders (Lead, With images) - May 15, 2012
- Work on Smart City Kochi to start Saturday - Oct 04, 2011
- Kerala's agenda tailor-made to attract investments: Chandy (With Images) - May 15, 2012
- E HealthPoint named laureate of global tech awards 2011 - Sep 18, 2011
- Kerala promises single window clearance to lure investors - Apr 21, 2012
- Debates, controversies should not hamper investment: Antony - Sep 12, 2012
- Chandy calls upon diaspora to make investors meet success - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: computer world, economic opportunity, footprint, health categories, health category, health facility, health related resources, honors program, information technology department, innovators, international data group, international jury, kunhalikutty, laureate awards, mobile technologies, national informatics, nodal, research organisation, technology media, world headquarters