Infosys to start new campus in ShanghaiMay 21st, 2011 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 21 (IANS) The leading Indian IT major, Infosys Technologies, plans to make a huge investment in China. The company will make investments worth $125-150 million in its new campus at Zizhu science and technology park in Shanghai, China.
“This large investment is a testimony to Infosys’ commitment to China. As a global company with a presence in over 75 countries, we will use our enhanced capacity here to deliver high quality consulting and software services to the global markets as well as to our clients in China,” said N.R. Narayana Murthy, Infosys chief mentor and chairman of the board.
The new Shanghai campus will be spread over 15 acres and will be developed over a period of three years. It will be the largest overseas software development centre of Infosys adhering to the highest environmental standards, the company said in a statement.
With an overall seating capacity for 8,000 employees, the campus will have facilities for software development, labs, data centres, training facilities, food courts, a 1,500-seater auditorium, gym, and other recreational facilities.
“As the second largest economy in the world, China will lead the world in economic growth in the future and we see exciting times ahead,” Murthy added.
According to Rangarajan Vellamore, chief executive officer, Infosys Technologies (China), with this large investment and enhanced capability, the company will aim to lead service capability out of China to the global and local markets for business transformation and operations.
“When this campus is completed, we expect to have over 10,000 employees in Shanghai alone,” Vellamore added.
- Infosys among top service providers in China - Jul 13, 2012
- CISF cover for Infosys campus at Mysore - Mar 26, 2010
- Co-founder Narayana Murthy bids adieu to Infosys - Aug 19, 2011
- Infosys' Pune campus gets CISF cover - Apr 22, 2011
- Bill Gates wishes Murthy as he retires from Infosys - Aug 20, 2011
- Cognizant expands its Kochi operations - Feb 07, 2012
- Banker Kamath to succeed Narayana Murthy at Infosys (Roundup) - May 01, 2011
- Renowned banker K.V. Kamath new Infosys chairman (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Infosys' Murthy pitches for Indians to study in Japan - Feb 27, 2012
- Infosys gets nod for two more centres in Bangalore - May 24, 2010
- Infosys swaps global business heads - Feb 03, 2012
- Mentor our IT groups, Bengal urges Narayana Murthy - Jul 05, 2011
- Infosys opens corporate education centre in Mysore - Sep 15, 2009
- IT industry backs Murthy, Premji on policy paralysis - Jun 14, 2012
- Infosys to hire 2,000 people in US by end 2012 - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: business transformation, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, chief mentor, development labs, environmental standards, food courts, global markets, infosys technologies, local markets, narayana murthy, overseas software, quality consulting, science and technology, service capability, shanghai china, software development centre, software services, technology park, world china