Infosys to hire 35,000 techies this fiscalApril 13th, 2012 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 13 (IANS) India’s second largest IT bellwether Infosys Ltd and its subsidiaries would hire 35,000 people (gross addition) in fiscal 2012-13, about 10,000 less than last fiscal (2011-12), a top company official said Friday.
“We will hire about 35,000 people during the four quarters of this fiscal (2012-13), including 1,200 for our onsite locations across geographies,” Infosys chief executive S.D. Shibulal told reporters here.
In line with its lower guidance of 8-10 percent revenue growth year-on-year (YoY) for this fiscal, the global software major slashed its hiring plans by 22 percent from 45,000 people it recruited during last fiscal, including 13,000 for its business process outsourcing (BPO) back-office operations subsidiary.
With a whopping 25,826 employees quitting the company in last fiscal for various reasons, the net addition was only 19,174, taking the total headcount to 149,994 at the end of 2011-12 from 130,820 year ago (2010-11).
“But attrition rate for our parent company has declined to 14.7 percent from 17 percent on annualised basis. Attrition is more in our BPO subsidiary in line with the trend in the industry,” Shibulal pointed out.
Though the company and its subsidiaries added 10,676 people during the quarter (Jan-March) of FY 2012, net addition was 4,906 as 5,770 quit in three months.
The company has 100 percent subsidiaries in Australia, Brazil, China, Mexico, Sweden and the US.
- Infosys cuts hiring in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys to hire 32,000 this fiscal - Apr 15, 2011
- Infosys to hire 45,000 techies this year - Jul 12, 2011
- Infosys bets on double-digit growth again; beats guidance (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- Infosys loses more techies than it hired in Q3 - Jan 13, 2011
- Weak rupee benefits Infosys despite uncertainty - Oct 12, 2011
- infosys revenue guidance dips on negative growth (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Infosys attrition climbs to 16 percent in first quarter - Jul 13, 2010
- Infosys beats guidance but stock dips on muted earnings - Jul 12, 2011
- Infosys profits from weak rupee, lowers dollar guidance (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Wipro attrition zooms to 16 percent in first quarter - Jul 23, 2010
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- US, Europe on recovery path: Infosys Kris - Mar 08, 2012
- Infosys swaps global business heads - Feb 03, 2012
Tags: attrition rate, back office operations, bangalore, bellwether, brazil, business process outsourcing, chief executive, china, global software, guidance, headcount, India, mexico, parent company, quarters, subsidiaries, subsidiary, sweden, three months, yoy