Infosys swaps global business headsFebruary 3rd, 2012 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Feb 3 (IANS) Global software major Infosys swapped leadership positions in financial services and manufacturing business to enhance client servicing and broaden their experience, the IT bellwether said Friday.
Global head for manufacturing and engineering business B.G. Srinivas will take over as the new leader of the company’s financial services and insurance business from incumbent Ashok Vemuri, who will replace him from April 1 in the ensuing fiscal (2012-13), the company said in a statement here.
“We have always focused on giving our leaders wide experience over time to realise their potential. Ashok and BG’s track record in leading high growth organisations has been commendable,” Infosys chief executive S.D. Shibulal said.
The leadership change follows organisational revamp in the company last year at the top with noted banker K.V. Kamath replacing co-founder N.R. Narayana Murthy as chairman and former chief executive S. Gopalakrishnan becoming co-chairman.
“The latest change builds on our organisation transformation last year to broaden key leadership experiences. The transition recognises contributions of Srinivas and Vemuri over the past decade by spearheading their businesses, incubating new businesses and expanding our footprint in the American and European markets,” Shibulal asserted.
The change also allows the duo to leverage cross-industry experience to help the company’s global clients build tomorrow’s enterprise.
Srinivas and Vemuri are also on the company’s board as directors.
- Infosys inducts four new directors - Jun 11, 2011
- Infosys braces to face twin challenges of clients - Jun 09, 2012
- Infosys expands operations in Japan - Jun 25, 2012
- Banker Kamath to succeed Narayana Murthy at Infosys (Roundup) - May 01, 2011
- Renowned banker K.V. Kamath new Infosys chairman (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Can Kamath, the risk taker, change the de-risking mindset in Infosys? (Comment) - May 01, 2011
- Infosys drops 'Technologies' from name - May 01, 2011
- Infosys to hire 2,000 people in US by end 2012 - Jul 24, 2012
- Infosys to acquire management consultancy firm Lodestone - Sep 10, 2012
- Infosys on course correction to spur growth: Kamath - Jun 09, 2012
- Ex-IITian is the new Infosys co-chairman - May 01, 2011
- Weak rupee benefits Infosys despite uncertainty - Oct 12, 2011
- Infosys names K.V. Kamath as new chairman (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Infosys beats guidance, revises outlook again - Oct 12, 2011
- Infosys beats guidance but stock dips on muted earnings - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: ashok, bellwether, co chairman, cross industry, european markets, global clients, global head, global software, gopalakrishnan, industry experience, insurance business, k v kamath, leadership change, leadership positions, manufacturing business, n r narayana murthy, narayana murthy, new businesses, s board, srinivas