Infosys in no hurry to outbid HCL for AxonOctober 3rd, 2008 - 9:00 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Oct 3 (IANS) IT major Infosys Technologies Ltd does not seem to be in any hurry to make a higher offer than HCL Technologies to acquire UK-based SAP consultancy firm Axon Group, the company indicated Friday.”No decision yet,” Infosys chief executive officer Kris Gopalakrishnan told IANS when asked about the company’s plans following Axon management decision to withdraw recommendation to its shareholders to accept the Bangalore-based IT belweather’s offer of 407 million pounds in view of HCL’s 441 million pounds offer.
“Looking at our options,” Gopalakrishnan said on whether Infosys will match HCL’s offer or no more interested in acquiring Axon in view of the US financial crisis.
Infosys made its offer Aug 25 and HCL entered the scene with a higher offer on Sep 26. Axon board Thursday announced its decision to withdraw the recommendation on Infosys offer.
Infosys may firm up its plans for Axon after the board meeting here on Oct 10 to consider the company’s second quarter (July-September, 2008) results.
- Axon pitches for HCL offer, Infosys mulls options - Oct 02, 2008
- Infosys rules out hike in offer price for Axon - Oct 10, 2008
- HCL Technologies makes counter-bid for Axon - Sep 26, 2008
- Axon investors approve buyout by HCL Technologies - Nov 25, 2008
- Infosys urges Axon shareholders not to go for HCL bid (Lead) - Sep 27, 2008
- Integration of UK's Axon with Infosys to be considered after acquisition - Aug 27, 2008
- Axon shares jump after Infosys offer; counterbid predicted - Aug 26, 2008
- HCL completes Axon acquisition - Dec 15, 2008
- Infosys drops 'Technologies' from name - May 01, 2011
- Infosys to acquire management consultancy firm Lodestone - Sep 10, 2012
- Infosys to hire 30,000 professionals this year - Jun 11, 2010
- Axon buyout will protect Infosys from US slowdown: CEO - Aug 27, 2008
- Infosys acquires UK firm for $753 million - Aug 25, 2008
- Infosys announces its plans to acquire Axon Group plc; offer of 407.1 million pound - Aug 25, 2008
- Infosys buys British consulting firm for $753 mn (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2008