Infosys has trained 100,000 graduates at Mysore campusMay 31st, 2012 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, May 31 (IANS) IT bellwether Infosys has trained about 100,000 graduates in writing software codes and formulating algorithms at its global education centre in Mysore campus during the past decade, the company said Thursday.
“As part of our foundation programme, we have trained about one lakh (100,000) engineering graduates since 2002 beginning with a modest 50 trainees, one trainer, one classroom and a vision to develop a world-class training facility and build intellectual capital,” the global software major said in a statement here.
The $7-billion IT major provides a 23-week residential training programme to help graduate students transit from academic world to corporate world as qualified professionals with soft skills and leadership qualities.
“We have recognised the significance of learning for the development of individuals, our company and the country as a whole. In our endeavour to build intellectual capital, we will continue to focus on developing our workforce through corporate training initiatives,” Infosys executive co-chairman Kris Gopalkrishnan said on the occasion of the company celebrating the event at Mysore, about 150 km from here.
As the world’s largest corporate university, the Infosys global education centre in the 100-acre campus has 500 instructors and 200 classrooms, with international benchmarks, initiatives and values at its core.
The American Society for Training and Development and global independent research firm Forrester have recognised the company’s education centre and its training initiatives.
- Infosys to train British youth in software skills - May 09, 2012
- CISF cover for Infosys campus at Mysore - Mar 26, 2010
- Infosys to start new campus in Shanghai - May 21, 2011
- Infosys' Pune campus gets CISF cover - Apr 22, 2011
- Education provider raises $7.5 million venture fund - Feb 16, 2012
- Saudi youth get a feel of India's software power - Mar 28, 2012
- Infosys partners with Singapore varsity for staff training - Sep 13, 2011
- Choked Bangalore loses space event to Mysore - Jul 14, 2012
- Oracle to open in Technopark Kerala Thursday - Jun 14, 2011
- Infosys among top service providers in China - Jul 13, 2012
- Kalam awards Infosys prizes to six noted scientists - Jan 09, 2012
- Shutdown hits India's tech hub partially (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Infosys gets nod for two more centres in Bangalore - May 24, 2010
- TCS signs biggest land deal in Kerala infotech sector - Jan 05, 2011
- British PM to visit Infosys, HAL in India's tech hub - Jul 26, 2010
Tags: academic world, acre campus, american society for training and development, bellwether, benchmarks, co chairman, education centre, endeavour, forrester, global education, global software, graduate students, independent research firm, indo, intellectual capital, leadership qualities, residential training, s education, trainees, writing software