India’s first telecom business incubator in KeralaOctober 27th, 2011 - 4:14 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 27 (IANS) India’s first telecom business incubator will be set up in Kerala under Infosys co-founder and Executive Co-chairman Kris Gopalakrishnan.
The Indian Telecom Innovation Hub will focus primarily on student start-ups from college campuses and would be modelled on technology incubators in the Silicon Valley, an official press release said Thursday.
“With the launch of Telecom Innovation Hub, the aspiring young entrepreneurs of the state will get an opportunity to work closely with big companies and create path breaking technologies,” said Kerala Industries and IT Minister P.K. Kunhalikutty.
The National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB) of the central government’s Department of Science and Technology, Technopark and MobME Wireless have joined hands to set up the hub.
It aims to incubate 1,000 product start-ups over 10 years and start the search for a billion dollar company from a college campus by the turn of this decade.
Gopalakrishnan has agreed to be the chief mentor of the hub.
This is one of the first public-private-partnership (PPP) technology business incubator in the country. Subject to the availability of land, its most likely location would be Kochi, the statement added.
“NSTEDB is pleased to support this innovative PPP model,” said NSTEDB Head and Advisor H.K. Mittal.
- India's first Startup Village at Kochi - Jan 18, 2012
- Kerala: Industry majors to support IT product start-ups village - Jul 23, 2012
- Kochi Startup Village to have 2,000 IT firms - Sep 18, 2012
- BlackBerry makers to set up innovation zone in Kochi - May 30, 2012
- Chandy launches IT incubator - Mar 27, 2012
- Three Kerala IT firms win Nasscom honours - Oct 10, 2011
- Startup Village inks pact with Finland's ACE - Sep 07, 2012
- ISBA secretariat at Technopark-TBI - Sep 11, 2012
- Infosys to set up second campus in Thiruvananthapuram - Apr 04, 2012
- Kerala IT firm hunts for talent among hackers - May 26, 2011
- Technopark TBI empanelled as partner by TISS - Jan 17, 2012
- Entrepreneurship bug bites young Kerala professionals - Jun 03, 2011
- Kerala gets first product testing and certification centre - Aug 20, 2012
- Bangalore IT trade fair to focus on innovation - Oct 04, 2011
- Technopark TBI to get seed funding from union ministry - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: chief mentor, college campuses, country subject, department of science and technology, dollar company, entrepreneurship development, first telecom, gopalakrishnan, indian telecom, mittal, public private partnership, silicon valley, start ups, technology business incubator, technology entrepreneurship, technology incubators, technopark, telecom business, thiruvananthapuram, young entrepreneurs