Indian elected global nuclear operators group chiefJune 21st, 2012 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 21 (IANS) S.K. Jain, the former chairman and managing director of Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) was elected as the chairman of governing board of World Association of Nuclear Operators’ (WANO) Japanese chapter, to which India is affiliated.
“Jain will also represent WNO Tokyo Centre in main WANO Governing Board,” said a statement issued by NPCIL Thursday.
NPCIL is a member of WANO and affiliated to Tokyo centre. Other affiliated members of Tokyo Centre are KHNP Korea, CNNC China, PAEC Pakistan, TPC Taiwan and about 13 Japanese utilities, said the statement.
WANO is an international nuclear organisation of utilities/operators committed to work for enhancement of safety and reliability to next higher level, and all the utilities which operate nuclear power plants are members of WANO.
WANO has a corporate office at London and has four regional centre — Tokyo, Moscow, Paris and Atlanta (US).
- Indian nuclear scientist to head Tokyo centre - Jun 21, 2012
- NPCIL, NALCO ink deal for nuclear plants - Nov 09, 2011
- Top level changes at two atomic power operators (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Kailash Chandra Purohit to head NPCIL - Jun 25, 2012
- No screening of people coming from Japan: Regulator - Mar 28, 2011
- India to launch 16 new nuclear reactors - Jun 01, 2012
- Nuclear plants in India are safe, assures Nuclear Power Corporation - Mar 14, 2011
- Plans to circulate coolant in Kudankulam reactor - Nov 19, 2011
- Jaitapur nuclear plant site safe, say scientists - Mar 14, 2011
- Top nuclear officials meet Kudankulam expert panel, protests on - Oct 29, 2011
- 'India can't produce 20,000 MW n-energy by 2020 - Apr 04, 2012
- Kudankulam's first unit to be ready for fuel loading soon: NPCIL - Mar 19, 2012
- Kudankulam n-plant a step closer to going on stream - May 12, 2012
- Kudankulam: Central panel deliberates in detail - Nov 16, 2011
- Record n-energy production in 2011-12 - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: cnnc, enhancement, governing board, group chief, india ltd, japanese utilities, june 21, korea, managing director, moscow, npcil, nuclear operators, nuclear power corporation, nuclear power plants, paec pakistan, regional centre, safety and reliability, tokyo, tpc, wano