India to launch 30 satellites for data collectionDecember 28th, 2010 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Dec 28 (IANS) India plans to launch 30 satellites in the next 10 years to strengthen its lead role in data collection and dissemination, a top scientist said Tuesday.”We expect (to launch) not less than 30 satellites,” V. Jayaraman, director of the National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), India’s one-stop centre for all the users of remote sensing data solutions, said here.
He said that the ‘Resourcesat-2′ satellite was expected to be launched by the end of January next. It would replace the ‘Resourcesat-1′ which was launched in October 2003 to obtain high resolution multi-spectral data.
The Hyderabad-based NRSC, a full-fledged centre of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), would have an integrated multi-mission ground station by June next year to receive all the satellite data, he said.
“This will help the centre to supply 1,000 products to the users directly,” Jayaraman told a meeting on Karnataka State Geospatial Database. It was organised by the Karnataka State Remote Sensing Applications Centre.
NRSC now delivers products in four or five days of receiving the data. The new station, being set up at a cost of around Rs.40 crore, would help deliver the products within 12 hours, he said.
The chief activities of NRSC are satellite data and aerial data reception, data processing, data dissemination; applications for providing value added services and training. It also distributes data from foreign satellites.
- Undaunted by rocket's failure, India plans 30 satellite launches (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- ISRO to launch remote sensing Resourcesat in February - Jan 31, 2011
- ISRO's PSLV C-16 rocket launched successfully - Apr 20, 2011
- India's latest satellite starts beaming pictures - Apr 29, 2011
- Indian space agency postpones remote sensing satellite's launch - Feb 24, 2011
- India successfully puts three satellites into orbit - Apr 20, 2011
- PSLV rocket blasts off with three satellites (Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- India launches Resourcesat-2, two other satellites (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Tamil Nadu woman behind Thursday's microwave satellite project(Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- ISRO tests rocket motor, delays satellite launch - Feb 26, 2011
- Can help Kerala with satellite imagery: ISRO arm - Jan 17, 2011
- Woman behind Risat-1 feels on top of the world - Apr 26, 2012
- India's new satellite beams high quality images - May 09, 2011
- Tamil Nadu woman behind satellite launch Thursday - Apr 23, 2012
- Manmohan watches as 100th Indian space mission blasts off (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: aerial data, applications centre, chief activities, crore, data dissemination, data reception, hyderabad, indian space research, indian space research organisation, isro, lead role, nrsc, remote sensing applications, remote sensing centre, remote sensing data solutions, rs 40, satellite data, spectral data, supply 1, value added services