India adds 6.87 mn GSM subscribers in MarchApril 20th, 2012 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 20 (IANS) India’s GSM subscriber base grew by 1.04 percent in March with addition of 6.87 million mobile phone users, with Bharti Airtel alone signing up over 2.5 million customers, according to data released by Cellular Operators Association of India.
The total number of GSM subscribers in the country crossed 664 million as against 657.22 million in February.
Airtel currently has 181.28 million subscribers.
Idea Cellular followed Airtel by adding 2 million subscribers to have a total number of 112.72 million subscribers.
Uninor, whose all 22 licences stand cancelled following the Supreme Court’s ruling earlier this month, added 1.3 million subscribers to take its subscribers count to 42.43 million subscribers.
Vodafone added 1 million users, thus taking its subscribers base to 150.46 million.
State-run telecom operators Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) added 8,92,900 subscribers, taking its total user base to 94.68 million and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) added 62,399 subscribers to have total of 5.59 million subscribers.
- Airtel, Vodafone added 2.45 mn subscribers each in May - Jun 20, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 919.17 million in March - May 03, 2012
- India adds 8.58 million GSM subscribers in June - Jul 18, 2011
- Uninor on top as India's GSM base grows 1.15 percent - Nov 21, 2011
- India adds 8.44 mn GSM subscribers in January - Feb 24, 2012
- India adds 6.5 million GSM subscribers in April - May 25, 2012
- GSM operators add 6.5 mn subscribers in September - Oct 19, 2011
- India added 11.11 mn GSM subscribers in April - May 20, 2011
- Tata Teleservices loses 4.4 mn subscribers in November - Jan 09, 2012
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- India adds 1.7 mn GSM subscribers, Uninor loses 1.1 mn (Lead, Correcting headline) - Aug 16, 2012
- 1.7 mn GSM subscribers in India, Uninor loses 1.1 mn - Aug 16, 2012
- GSM phone subscribers grow 3.25 percent in December - Jan 19, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 893.84 mn - Jan 30, 2012
- India adds 7.27 million GSM subscribers in May - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: 1 million, 5 million, airtel, bsnl, cellular operators, gsm subscribers, idea cellular, India, mahanagar telephone nigam ltd, million subscribers, mobile phone users, mtnl, New Delhi, operators association, sanchar nigam ltd, subscriber base, supreme court, telecom operators, vodafone