IIT Kanpur, Singapore university sign pactJune 1st, 2008 - 9:47 am ICT by admin
Kanpur, May 31 (IANS) The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT-K) Saturday signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the National University of Singapore (NUS) for exchange of scientific, academic and technical information. They will also exchange appropriate academic material and other information of mutual interest for which they hold intellectual property rights.
The two institutions will identify opportunities for the commercialization of technology. They will also provide opportunities to each other in participating in joint scientific activities like giving degrees and holding seminars and conferences.
IIT-K director Sanjay G. Dhande and NUS president Shih Choon Fong signed the document.
Shih said the MoU would promote joint research and development activities of mutual interest.
Dhande added that the understanding between the two institutes would create vibrant research platforms by considering the needs of state-owned universities and academic enterprises of industrial groups.
- AMU, Colombo varsity sign MoU - Apr 02, 2011
- India, France sign agreements in education sector - Dec 06, 2010
- 50th convocation of IIT-Kanpur to be held Saturday - May 30, 2008
- India, Bulgaria ink healthcare deal - Nov 28, 2011
- India, Saskatchewan sign MoU on mineral resources - Mar 15, 2011
- Canada's Carleton to have ties with IIT Mumbai, Jindal Global University - Feb 04, 2011
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
- India, Malaysia ink six pacts to take bilateral ties forward (Part II) - Oct 27, 2010
- India, Canada to cooperate in areas of food processing industries: Sahai - Jun 07, 2010
- Yale University to collaborate with Indian institutes to promote academic leadership - Oct 28, 2010
- IIT Kanpur girl commits suicide (Lead) - Nov 17, 2010
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- IIT-Kanpur, IIM-Kozhikode tie up with Yale - Oct 28, 2010
- India, Myanmar forge think-tanks' links - May 28, 2012
Tags: academic enterprises, academic material, choon fong, commercialization, iit kanpur, indian institute of technology, indian institute of technology kanpur, industrial groups, intellectual property rights, memorandum of understanding, mou, mutual interest, national university of singapore, nus, research platforms, sanjay, sign pact, singapore university, university of singapore, vibrant research