IIT engineer arrested for sending threat mail to PMJune 10th, 2012 - 3:44 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 10 (IANS) An Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) engineer has been arrested for sending a threat mail to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister P. Chidambaram, police said Sunday.
Anurag Kashyap was arrested Saturday from Hazaribagh district in Jharkhand.
“Anurag has been arrested for sending a threat mail, he send the mail by creating an account in name of his neighbour Manish Sharma,” a police official told IANS over phone.
The engineer wanted to get his neighbour Manish implicated in a false case, the official added.
According to police, the e-mail was sent to the mail id of Delhi police commissioner June 2. Sent in name of Baidaihi Sharma, a resident of Aryana colony of Hazaribagh, the mailer said he was the brother of dead CCL employee Ramesh Sharma.
The mail threatened the prime minister and home minister if Ramesh’s retirement benefits were not given to family members, police said.
On interrogating the Sharma family, the police discovered that none of the family members were working in CCL.
Police arrested the cyber cafe owner Adib Hasan June 7.
The IIT Kharagpur engineer has worked for five years in US and Mumbai.
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Three held for stealing money from IIT accounts - Nov 15, 2011
- One held for duping IIT aspirants - Sep 03, 2010
- Court asks police for action report on ED official's threat - Apr 08, 2011
- Is even one of our institutions world class, asks Sibal - May 24, 2011
- What's the hurry to bring common entrance test: IIT faculty - Jun 11, 2012
- Senior executive found dead in Gurgaon - Jun 05, 2011
- Bengal to plan for preventing natural calamities - May 26, 2011
- Cartoon row: Bengal rights panel summons Kolkata police chief - Jun 19, 2012
- Black money case: Apex court concerned over threat to professor - Apr 08, 2011
- War of words over Jairam Ramesh slamming IITs, IIMs (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Explosives-laden truck hijacked, recovered in Jharkhand - Jun 09, 2012
- Khurshid defends Ramesh's criticism of IITs, IIMs - May 25, 2011
- Congress legislator arrested in Jharkhand - Apr 18, 2011
- Kapil Sibal skips IIT council meet - Jun 27, 2012
Tags: anurag kashyap, cyber cafe, delhi police, e mail, false case, home minister, iit kharagpur, indian institute of technology, mail id, manish sharma, manmohan, manmohan singh, p chidambaram, police commissioner, police official, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, ramesh sharma, ranchi, retirement benefits