I am hopeful about Infosys Kolkata project: Narayan MurthyAugust 3rd, 2012 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 3 (IANS) Infosys co-founder and chairman emeritus N.R. Narayan Murthy Friday said he is hopeful of the software company’s Kolkata centre taking off.
“I am certainly positive (about the Kolkata centre). There is a solution to all the major problems in the world. So, therefore there will be a solution to everything that we think is unsolvable in the country,” said Murthy.
Infosys had purchased 50 acres for the project in Rajarhat on the northeastern fringes of the city, at Rs.1.5 crore per acre. The company also made the payment in full in October last year.
Earlier this year, it wrote to the government seeking clarification on its SEZ status, which the government turned down.
Despite a series of discussions, the issue remains unresolved, making the project’s future uncertain.
Murthy, however, did not clarify whether the company would be ready to come to the state without the SEZ status.
“Please speak to Infosys people. I am not the person to answer,” he said on the sidelines of a function here.
- Bengal government awaiting response on concessions to Infosys - Jun 20, 2012
- Buddhadeb hits out at Trinamool over Infosys imbroglio - Aug 05, 2012
- Bengal against SEZs, minister tells Infosys - Feb 20, 2012
- Want Infosys in Bengal, but won't bend rules: Mamata - Mar 12, 2012
- We can't change our anti-SEZ stand: Mamata - Apr 27, 2012
- Mamata rules out SEZ for Infosys - Feb 27, 2012
- All help for facility but no SEZ, Bengal tells Infosys - Feb 25, 2012
- Bengal minister meets Infosys top brass on stalled project - Sep 07, 2012
- Wipro to expand Kolkata project - Aug 27, 2012
- West Bengal promises Infosys maximum built-up space - Aug 25, 2010
- Infosys seeks 'alterative solution' for Bengal campus - Feb 29, 2012
- Infosys inks deal with West Bengal for 50-acre campus - Nov 23, 2010
- Lack of clarity on software exports hurting industry: Murthy - May 21, 2012
- At Birla marriage anniversary, Mamata talks business - Apr 29, 2012
- Narayana Murthy among Fortune's 12 'greatest entrepreneurs' - Mar 28, 2012