Human race to split into elite and ugly species 11000 years henceNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:58 am ICT by admin
These humans will be between six and seven feet tall and will live up to 120 years, he said.
“Physical features will be driven by indicators of health, youth and fertility that men and women have evolved to look for in potential mates,” Curry said in his report commissioned for men’s satellite TV channel Bravo.
He said advances in cosmetic surgery and other body modifying techniques would effectively homogenise mankind’s appearance.
While men will come with symmetrical facial features, deeper voices and bigger penises, women will boast of glossy hair, smooth hairless skin, large eyes and pert breasts.
Racial differences will also become a thing of the past as interbreeding will produced a single coffee-coloured skin tone, he said.
But this won’t be the end. Ten thousand years after humans reach their peak; reliance on technology will dramatically begin to change their appearance, he added.
The human race will split into two distinct species akin to the intelligent and wealthy Eloi, and the dim-witted, ugly goblin-like Morlock as envisaged in HG Wells’ science fiction novel, The Time Machine.
“Medicine will weaken our immune system and we will begin to appear more child-like. The report suggests that the future of man will be a story of the good, the bad and the ugly,” said Dr Curry.
“While science and technology have the potential to create an ideal habitat for humanity over the next millennium, there is the possibility of a monumental genetic hangover over the subsequent millennia due to an over-reliance on technology reducing our natural capacity to resist disease, or our evolved ability to get along with each other,” he said.
“After that, things could get ugly, with the possible emergence of genetic ‘haves’ and ‘have-nots’,” he added. (ANI)
- Human race will 'split into two different species in 100,000 years, says evolutionary scientist - Nov 14, 2007
- Humans evolved from fish into two-legged species - Oct 07, 2011
- Brain wiring gave humans edge over chimps - Aug 23, 2012
- Neanderthals might have interbred with modern humans - Apr 21, 2010
- How mushrooms evolved alongside humans - Mar 04, 2011
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel back on track - Aug 04, 2012
- Corals evolving to fend off effects of climate change - Jun 19, 2010
- Deadly combo of bad luck and climate change may have killed Neanderthals - Nov 09, 2009
- Deadly mice-borne virus spreads in US national park - Sep 02, 2012
- Two million year old skeletons discovered - Nov 18, 2011
- Modern humans not uniquely evolved species - Sep 06, 2011
- Study reveals 'multiple species of catfish despite same colours, patterns' - Jan 06, 2011
- Corals at the edge 'hold secrets of survival' - Jun 19, 2010
- Exoplanets with two suns sprout black plants: Study - Apr 21, 2011
- Scientists one step closer to understanding why leopards can't change their spots - Jan 14, 2010
Tags: appearance, coloured skin, curry, distinct species, facial features, future of man, glossy hair, habitat for humanity, hairless skin, haves and have nots, hg wells, large eyes, morlock, natural capacity, pert breasts, racial differences, reliance, satellite tv channel, science fiction novel, year 3000