Hubble Telescope Makes It Possible To Get The First Look Of The Earliest GalaxiesJanuary 6th, 2010 - 8:54 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The astronomers caught the glimpse of the earliest of the galaxies with the aid of NASA’s Hubble telescope. The visual treat that the astronomers were entitled to, had taken place about six hundred million years after the Bing Bang. The Hubble State Telescope owes its name to the great American astronomer Edwin Hubble. The telescope made it possible for the astronomers to have a glance at the galaxies in the early stages.
The galaxies which could be seen with the help of the Hubble telescope were reported to be small and resemble a patch of blue, and it is connected by elements like helium and hydrogen. The wonderful sight was snapped with the help of Wide Field camera 3. It is like turning back the pages of history and tracing out the most precious elements. The galaxy is reported to have innumerable stars, that have existed for more than thirteen billion years. The gravitational pull of the Milky Way acts as the active hindrance to get a complete view of the galaxy.
The newly discovered galaxy, which has caused a furor among the astronomers is reported to be just one percent of the mass of the Milky Way. This has been revealed by Garth Illingworth, who is an astronomer at the University of California and leads one of the survey teams. A closer and keen observation will enable one to notice galaxies of every size and shape. It is a great feat achieved by the NASA’s Hubble telescope. The expectations involved with the Hubble State Telescope is that it would operate till 2014.
- Galaxies 'formed much earlier than thought' - Apr 13, 2011
- Hubble astronomers discover an overheated early universe - Oct 08, 2010
- Hubble discovers 'most distant and ancient galaxy ever seen' - Jan 27, 2011
- Astronomers spot earliest galaxies in Universe from Big Bang epoch - Jan 06, 2010
- Hubble telescope spots dwarf galaxies - Nov 11, 2011
- Astronomers claim discovery of most distant galaxies yet - Dec 25, 2009
- How young galaxies can grow gently - Oct 14, 2010
- Mysteries of 'Green Pea' galaxies unveiled - Sep 11, 2010
- 'Milky Way heading for collision with Andromeda galaxy' - Jun 04, 2012
- Hubble discovers hyperfast star hailing from Milky Way's core - Jul 23, 2010
- Missing primitive stars outside Milky Way uncovered - Feb 18, 2010
- Spinstars may be the first polluters of the universe - Apr 28, 2011
- Astronomers use dark matter to measure age of Universe - Mar 02, 2010
- M81's 'halo' offers insight into formation of galaxies - Apr 23, 2010
- Massive star goes supernova, smothered by its own dust - Oct 13, 2010
Tags: american astronomer, astronomer edwin hubble, astronomers, bing bang, furor, galaxies, garth illingworth, gravitational pull, helium, hindrance, hubble telescope, hundred million, innumerable stars, kar, keen observation, milky way, million years, nasa, precious elements, wide field camera