High court goes tech savy, to have e-filing of casesJune 18th, 2008 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) Queues will soon be a thing of the past in Delhi High Court as Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) would be installed in the court premises to promote e-filing of cases. The proposal was mooted by Delhi High Court Bar association (DHCBA) and is in the final stages of completion.
Wi-fi is a wireless local area network that uses radio waves to connect computers and other devices to the Internet
“We have identified 10 places in the court where this new system will be installed so that lawyers need not stand in long queues at the counters to file their applications,” said K.C. Mittal, president of DHCBA.
The system will be installed in every lobby of the building, in the office of the bar association and also at the court canteen.
“Installing of Wi-Fi was a long pending proposal which is materializing only now. We are hoping now this facility proves a boon to the lawyers,” added Mittal.
The facility will be free of charge.
Apart from this, all landline phones will be connected through intercom facility provided by Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL).
“MTNL has approved to connect all the phones in the court through intercom. This will help lawyers to talk to each other on phone free of charge,” said Mittal.
He also added that this facility will begin as soon as the court resumes work after summer vacations July 1.
“We are happy that the bar association has initiated some steps to upgrade the tedious system of filing the applications. We are looking forward to the installation of this system,” said Ashish Kulshrestha, a high court lawyer.
Modernisation of the courts was started in 2003 and since then facilities like computerisation of all courts, e-courts, digital signatures and video-conferencing facility has already begun in the courts.
- Chinese warned against using web in public places - Mar 01, 2012
- Wi-Fi radiation killing trees - Nov 24, 2010
- Wi-Fi connectivity on Howrah Rajdhani from September - Mar 30, 2012
- MPs can now use iPads in house - Jun 04, 2012
- Google, O-Zone tie up to provide free Wi-Fi access - Jan 12, 2012
- Airport Metro offers bouquet of mobile phone links - Apr 30, 2012
- Apple's new iPad hits Japanese market - Mar 16, 2012
- Free wifi in Birkirkara - May 26, 2009
- Gujarat High Court to go in for digitisation - May 03, 2011
- O-Zone to open 40,000 wireless internet zones - Dec 14, 2010
- IT product firm Ittiam posts $20 million revenue - Mar 21, 2012
- AirTran Airways and Delta to offer free Wi-Fi during holiday season - Nov 09, 2010
- A girl uses iPod to prevent kidnapping - Oct 31, 2010
- BlackBerry's iPad to use US Army's Crusher-vehicle tech - Aug 20, 2010
- Cops barred from using mobile phones in court - Sep 11, 2011
Tags: boon, canteen, computerisation, court premises, delhi high court, digital signatures, e filing, intercom, landline phones, local area network, mittal, modernisation, queues, radio waves, savy, summer vacations, video conferencing facility, wi fi, wireless fidelity, wireless local area network