Hero launches hybrid concept scooterJanuary 6th, 2012 - 6:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 6 (IANS) A hybrid concept scooter that will run on both battery and petrol was launched here at the Auto Expo Thursday by Hero Motocorp Limited.
‘Leap’ is the first step taken by the company towards developing hybrid technology to bring environmentally friendly two-wheelers in the country.
According to Pawan Munjal, managing director and chief executive officer of Hero, the concept scooter is a testimony to the company’s ability to bring technologically superior products in keeping with international standards.
“Leap is indeed a leap in terms of advanced technology not just for us but also for the Indian two-wheeler industry,” he added.
Hero has already applied for three international technology patents and nine international design registrations.
“Although this currently is at a concept stage, we intend to take it forward to be able to produce it commercially in the near future,” said Munjal, adding that the product was made in-house by a select team of Hero people with a few international consultants.
According to the company, ‘Leap’ would appeal to aesthetically inclined youngsters and young adults.
Talking about the future, Munjal said that Hero was fast strengthening its research and development set up at its Gurgaon and Dharuhera plants in Haryana since the past several months by investing.
The 11th edition of the Auto Expo, held at the sprawling Pragati Maidan exposition grounds, will conclude Jan 11.
- Auto firms bullish on electric vehicles after government plan - Sep 06, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp in technology alliance with Italian firm - Sep 13, 2012
- Fifty new vehicle launches at Auto Expo 2012 - Dec 21, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp ties up with Erik Buell Racing - Feb 23, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp ropes in new technology partner - Sep 06, 2012
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp unveils new range of two-wheelers - Jan 04, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp expects sales to pick up in festive season - Sep 05, 2012
- Government approves plan to promote hybrid vehicles - Aug 29, 2012
- Mahindra Group unveils electric car - Jan 07, 2012
- Hero to merge investment arm with self, invest Rs.2,575 crore - Jun 04, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp to set up manufacturing plants in Africa - Mar 20, 2012
- Mahindra launches hydrogen-powered three-wheeler - Jan 09, 2012
- Royal Enfield thumps in with new Thunderbird - Jan 05, 2012
- Hero Honda is now Hero MotoCorp Limited - Jul 29, 2011
Tags: advanced technology, auto expo, chief executive officer, concept stage, design registrations, dharuhera, exposition grounds, gurgaon, haryana, hybrid technology, international consultants, international technology, pragati maidan, scooter new, select team, superior products, technology patents, two wheeler, two wheelers, young adults