HCL acquires British BPO firmJuly 16th, 2008 - 8:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) India’s leading Software services firm HCL Technologies announced Wednesday that it has agreed to acquire Liberata Financial Services (LFS), a UK-based business process outsourcing (BPO) firm, for an undisclosed amount. The acquisition of LFS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Liberata Ltd, which provides end-to-end administrative and customer services for the life and pensions Industry, is expected to help HCL penetrate the British life and pensions industry.
The acquisition includes four delivery centres in Britain at Romford, Preston, Croydon and Welwyn garden city, along with 800 professionals.
“This acquisition will equip HCL with a ready capability across the value chain by providing access to an existing revenue base actuarial, analytics and policy management, catapulting HCL to become a leading service provider in the UK market for the life and pensions industry,” said Ranjit Narasimhan, president and chief economic officer of HCL BPO.
Liberata head Robert Gogel said the company had made significant investments in people, platform and service line development. “This sale will enable Liberata to focus on its core BPO business in the public sector,” he said.
- Wipro buys Australian analytics firm - May 01, 2012
- HCL to develop software for US energy firm - Apr 23, 2012
- HCL to provide IT infrastructure to Freescale - Sep 19, 2012
- Mphasis to buy out Fortify Infrastructure Services firm - Apr 08, 2010
- HCL bags deal from Norway-based Statoil - Feb 13, 2012
- Buoyant Indian IT industry rebounds but remains cautious (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 30, 2010
- Nucleus Software partners with Turkish firm - Jun 07, 2011
- HCL Infosystems to sell arm to Tikona - Jan 19, 2011
- India, China to see growth in BPO sector by 2015 - Aug 22, 2011
- Succession Planning: Some hiccups, but Indian IT shows the way (Comment) - Jun 16, 2011
- Expert 'actuaries' who assess insurance risk getting younger - Dec 28, 2010
- CRISIL to acquire Pipal Research for $12.75 mn - Sep 22, 2010
- TCS subsidiary bags $2.2 billion contract - Nov 09, 2011
- HCL to provide IT services to US insurance group - Feb 15, 2012
- Scrapped insurance products bring actuaries in spotlight - Oct 24, 2010
Tags: acquisition, analytics, business process outsourcing, croydon, customer services, delivery centres, economic officer, gogel, hcl technologies, leading service provider, leading software, liberata financial services, New Delhi, pensions, policy management, public sector, romford, software services firm, value chain, welwyn garden city