Gurdeep Singh new CEO of RComm’s wireless businessMay 30th, 2012 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 30 (IANS) Reliance Communications has appointed Gurdeep Singh as president and chief executive officer (CEO) of its wireless business that provides mobile telephony services.
“Gurdeep with his extensive experience will be responsible for leading Reliance Communications’ Wireless Business to achieve higher revenues and profitability,” the company said in a statement Wednesday.
“Singh will also be a member of Reliance Management Board,” the statement added.
Prior to joining Reliance Group, Singh was Aircel’s chief operating officer, India. He had also worked with Hutch, now Vodafone, as director, operations, North, for about five years.
“I am delighted to be a part of the Reliance Group and look forward to an exciting journey in taking Reliance Communications Wireless Business to greater heights,” Singh said on his appointment.
An alumnus of BITS-Pilani, Singh has 29 years of experience working in sectors like telecom, home appliances and consumer electronics.
- R-Com appoints Shamik Das as COO of wireless business - Nov 14, 2011
- Analjit Singh to be non-executive chairman of Vodafone India - Feb 10, 2012
- Vodafone chief Vittorio Colao meets Sibal - Feb 13, 2012
- Aircel launches 3G services in India - Feb 23, 2011
- Aircel to sponsor Indian Davis Cup team - Sep 09, 2011
- 3G spectrum shortage, auction format were hurdles: Airtel - May 19, 2010
- Aircel targets 2G client base for 3G service - Feb 22, 2011
- Vodafone reaches 100 million subscribers in India - Apr 08, 2010
- Bharti Airtel appoints new CEOs - Aug 10, 2011
- Maran denies forcing Sivasankaran to exit Aircel (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- 'MTNL sharing infrastructure with private operators' - Aug 19, 2011
- Telcos can fix call tariff depending on market conditions - Aug 26, 2011
- Reliance Communications denies involvement in 2G scam - Feb 13, 2011
- India to have 400 million 3G connection by 2015: Study - Mar 08, 2011
- Aircel launches services in Punjab - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: aircel, alumnus, appointment, business new, ceo, chief executive officer, chief operating officer, consumer electronics, director operations, gurdeep singh, home appliances, journey, management board, mobile telephony services, New Delhi, profitability, reliance group, sectors, vodafone, wireless business