Gorging on fat may not be all that badJanuary 7th, 2011 - 4:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 7 (IANS) Gorging on blobs of fat like butter and cheese might not be all that harmful, according to scientists. The latest studies have shown that the evidence between saturated fat intake and health had been oversimplified in dietary advice.
Several different studies seemed to imply that genetics, lifestyle and age could all play a part in how badly saturated fat intake affects your body, the Telegraph quoted the journal Lipids.
And some scientists believe that non-harmful saturated fats are ‘lumped in’ with others distorting health advice, according to the report.
Bruce German, at the University of California, said: “Diets inordinately high in fat and saturated fat are associated with increased cardiovascular disease risk in some individuals.
“Saturated fat at any intake level (however) is harmful is an oversimplification and not supported by scientific evidence,” the journal said
These findings were presented at the 100th American Oil Chemists’ Society (AOCS) annual meeting in the US.
- Saturated fat not as bad as previously thought - Oct 02, 2010
- Bad fat could decline memory - May 18, 2012
- Beware! Fatty acids could lower quality of semen - Mar 14, 2012
- Some fatty acids can be beneficial too - Oct 02, 2011
- High-fat diet lowers blood sugar in diabetics - May 13, 2012
- Extra cheese could raise bladder cancer risk - Feb 09, 2011
- Eating cheese every day 'could increase bladder cancer risk' - Feb 10, 2011
- Cheese, milk diet vital for smarter brain - Mar 06, 2012
- Low-carb diet may not be good for heart: Study - Jun 11, 2012
- 'Ban on trans fats would prevent thousands of deaths' - Apr 16, 2010
- Lots of nuts, poultry and less of red meat, butter 'can cut Alzheimer's risk' - Apr 13, 2010
- How slim doesn't always mean healthy - Jul 11, 2010
- What babies eat determines risk of obesity - Aug 31, 2012
- Scientists develop new animal model to tackle liver disease - Jul 05, 2012
- Reducing salt in crisps, yet keeping it tasty - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,