God Not Needed In Creation Of Universe, Says Stephen HawkingSeptember 6th, 2010 - 8:44 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Sep 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Shaking all those orthodox believers out of stupor, Stephen Hawking has once again come up clear about his theories on the formation of the Universe. The world famous physicist in his latest book “The Grand Design”, has come forward with a view that it is not the divine intervention that has led to the creation of the universe but the laws of physics that has worked behind it and is still governing it. The views although has many a times in the past been implied by the scientist in his writings, this is for the first time that he has refuted the existence of God directly. The book that is scheduled to be published on Sep 9, has already been criticized by many religious people who have voiced that Stephen Hawking cannot find God as yet another “thing” around.
While in the famous book “A Brief History of Time”, Stephen Hawking had questioned the idea of God, he had left enough place for existence of God and did not refute the idea in totality. However, in “The Grand Design” Stephen Hawking has mentioned that “It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the Universe going”. He had maintained that the Universe has the power to create and will in future create itself from gravity.
In the “The Grand Design” Stephen Hawking has also refuted the idea presented by Sir Issac Newton’s theory that a Divine Power had set the Universe in motion. In an interview the scientist has also voiced that he does not believe in any personal God.
- 'God did not create the universe' - Sep 02, 2010
- 'God didn't play a hand in The Big Bang', says Stephen Hawking - Sep 02, 2010
- Kirk Cameron blasts Stephen Hawking's heaven theory - May 19, 2011
- Chief rabbi slams Stephen Hawking for excluding God's role in universe creation - Sep 03, 2010
- Stephen Hawking says he's often mistaken for a Simpsons character - Sep 11, 2010
- Stephen Hawking in 'The Big Bang Theory' - Mar 14, 2012
- Stephen Hawking Looks Into The Universe, And Declares There Are Aliens - Apr 26, 2010
- Indian scientists dismiss reports on 'god particle' - May 01, 2011
- Forget religion, get 21st century morals: Richard Dawkins - Jan 24, 2012
- God Particle's discovery 'biggest leap in physics' (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Stephen Hawking joins Canada's Perimeter Institute (Lead) - Jun 09, 2010
- Stephen Hawking joins institute set up by BlackBerry - Jun 09, 2010
- Stephen Hawking, Asserts That Humankind Must Abandon The Earth And Colonize The Space For Long-Standing Survival - Aug 14, 2010
- Hawking at Paralympics? - Aug 26, 2012
- Stephen Hawking says that women are 'a complete mystery' - Jan 06, 2012
Tags: brief history of time, creation of the universe, creation of universe, dey, divine intervention, divine power, existence of god, formation of the universe, gravity, history of time, laws of physics, orthodox believers, personal god, scientist, sir issac newton, stephen hawking, stupor, theories on the formation of the universe, totality, world famous physicist