German major Cronos acquires Kerala IT firmJune 5th, 2012 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 5 (IANS) German-based Cronos Group, the largest privately held consulting company for utilities in Germany, has acquired 100 per cent shares of IT firm AES.
“The deal has been inked and they have now become part of us, but will continue to be known as AES. This is being done since their name is already quite well known in the market here,” Joachim Cramer, CEO of Cronos, told reporters here Tuesday.
Cronos, which recently recorded a turnover of 40 million Euro, provides high quality consulting services and IT solutions for all power sector companies in Germany and Austria, and is officially a special expertise partner of the business software company SAP.
AES started functioning in Technopark, the campus for IT companies here, in 2007. The company has been associated with German clients, which facilitated its acquisition by the Cronos group.
“Right now, there are 50 employees at AES and in a year’s time it will rise to 500 because AES will now look after our business in all English-speaking countries, besides new markets in Middle East and Africa,” Cramer informed.
Apart from involvement in the software department, AES is also considering training programmes for SAP.
“We find the biggest hindrance is lack of properly trained engineers in SAP. When we meet up with their officials in the country, this would be one aspect we will take up with them,” said Manoj N. Sukumaran, chief executive, AES.
In view of their future plans, AES will relocate to a more spacious office at the Technopark after the acquisition.
- Infosys to acquire management consultancy firm Lodestone - Sep 10, 2012
- SAP Acquires Sybase To Give Oracle A Run For Its Money - May 13, 2010
- Wipro bags customer excellence award - Nov 29, 2011
- Oracle all set to open in Technopark in June - Apr 14, 2011
- Oracle to open in Technopark Kerala Thursday - Jun 14, 2011
- Capgemini to set up shop in Thiruvananthapuram - Jan 06, 2012
- IBS Software acquires Moveo Systems - Nov 01, 2011
- Kerala gets first product testing and certification centre - Aug 20, 2012
- Japan's Ylem Infotech starts Indian operations - May 31, 2011
- Eurozone crisis an opportunity for Indian IT: Expert - Feb 13, 2012
- US rules SAP must pay $138.6 mn fine - Aug 27, 2009
- India holds promise for German companies, says envoy - Jan 04, 2012
- SAP to develop enterprise software in Hindi - Apr 14, 2011
- Technopark IT firm all set to capture Indian market - Feb 24, 2012
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: acquisition, aes, business software company, consulting company, cramer, cronos group, english speaking countries, future plans, german clients, hindrance, joachim, manoj, power sector, quality consulting services, sap, sector companies, software department, spacious office, sukumaran, turnover