Four firms bid for 3G e-auction agencySeptember 25th, 2008 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 25 (IANS) Four information technology firms Thursday submitted bids for selection of an e-auction agency that will conduct online auctions for third generation radio frequencies in India, an official said here.“Only four companies - mjunction, Rothschild, MSTC Ltd and Sai Information System - have submitted their bids with us today,” a Department of Telecom (DoT) official told IANS.
The interested firms were required to submit their bids by Sep 25.
According to DoT guidelines, all the firms bidding to be the agency to conduct the e-auction will have to declare their shareholding pattern - both Indian and foreign firms, if any.
Besides, the DoT has said potential bidders cannot have more than 10 percent stake in any telecom or Internet service provider in India.
Under the guidelines, only those companies which have a paid-up capital of Rs.25 million, a net worth of at least Rs.100 million, and have conducted similar auctions before will be eligible to apply.
“All applicants that meet the eligibility criteria will have to make a presentation before the evaluation committee demonstrating their experience and capacity to conduct the auction Monday, September 29,” DoT official said.
While the covering letter was opened Thursday, the government will declare the eligible bidders Friday.
The eligible bidders will make presentations before the DoT evaluation committee Sep 29.
The finalisation and declaration of technical bids will be Oct 1, to be followed by the opening of financial bids Oct 3.
The bids are to be finalised by Oct 6.
The DoT had earlier said the auctions of 3G radio frequencies for telecom operators will be held within three months of selecting the agency to conduct the same. This implies, if the agency in selected by October, the auctions must be conducted before January, 2009.
- Times Internet selected as auctioneer for spectrum - Aug 07, 2012
- DoT to start spectrum auction Nov 12 - Aug 27, 2012
- Rothschild wins technical bid to become spectrum auction agency - Oct 01, 2008
- Supreme Court extends 2G auction deadline to Jan 11 (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Government wants 2G auction deadline extended to November - Aug 07, 2012
- 3G spectrum auction kicks off, first round completed - Apr 09, 2010
- Upasi to hold e-auctions for tea producers - Sep 14, 2010
- India begins process to auction 3G airwaves Monday - Sep 07, 2008
- Auction of 3G spectrum kicks off Friday - Apr 08, 2010
- Few telecom firms giving 3G services illegally: Petition - Sep 28, 2011
- Discussions on for round 2 of bandwidth auction - Sep 30, 2011
- 2G: Process for selection of auctioneer approved - May 01, 2012
- Delhi attracts highest bids on second day of 3G spectrum auction - Apr 10, 2010
- TDSAT provides relief to telecom operators till Jan 3 - Dec 24, 2011
- Government appoints committee to select new TRAI chairman - Feb 21, 2012