For Google doodle creator Valentine Day doodles ‘most fun’May 3rd, 2010 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 3 (IANS) The creator of Google doodles, Michael Lopez has said he tries to bring new look to the designs to ensure continued appeal and finds Valentine Day doodles “most fun”, a media report said Monday.
“We’re trying to change the range artistically not only to keep us from getting bored, but to keep things new, fun and fresh for our viewers,” Lopez was quoted as saying by Telegraph.co.uk.
Lopez said many of the designs start off on a napkin or are scrawled on a table top at Google’s offices, the report said.
“Many of our doodles start out as free-form and we get ideas from all over,” he said.
Lopez, a 29-year-old graphic artist who joined the doodle team in 2005, described his job as “work you love to take home”.
Lopez described Valentine Day doodles were his favourite and said it was “not much of a challenge” to come up with new doodles for festivals every year as the team had “so many creative and talented people”.
“I have the most fun with Valentine’s day. I remember the users’ comments and there’s always one who says thanks for the Valentine’s Day doodle,” he said.
Lopez’s most famous doodles include the Beijing Olympics series, the Wallace and Gromit 20th Anniversary, H.G. Wells Birthday series, Mothering Sunday holidays, and Norman Rockwell series.
Lopez’s typical work days consist of brainstorming with his team, trying to find inspiration and sketching on any surface “a pen will write on”, including table tops and even bean bags, the Telegraph report said.
“We are encouraged to work outside of the office as much as possible to get inspiration. We go to different places and have art outings to loosen up and draw,” he said.
- Google's New Doodle Consists Of 17 Images - Dec 24, 2010
- Reading tables! For laughs and for tips on life (With Images) - May 23, 2012
- Choose your Valentine with Imran, Kareena - Feb 03, 2012
- Google's special Children's Day doodle - Nov 14, 2010
- Turkey Recipe Featured In Latest Google Doodle - Nov 24, 2010
- Google launches 'Instant' service - Sep 09, 2010
- Norman Rockwell's "Saturday Evening Post" Painting Is Today's Google Doodle - Feb 03, 2010
- Google and others remember Freddy Mercury - Sep 05, 2011
- Robert Louis Stevenson Remembered By Google Doodle - Nov 13, 2010
- Class 4 Gurgaon student's doodle to feature on Google - Nov 12, 2009
- Google Celebrates 30th Anniversary Of Pac Man - May 22, 2010
- Now, hi-tech toilet that can swallow 18 golf balls! - Feb 26, 2011
- Google's bizarre doodles were HG Wells tribute - Sep 21, 2009
- Flintstones' Characters' 50th Anniversary Celebrated By Google - Oct 01, 2010
- Users Baffled By Google's Ballsy Doodle - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: 20th anniversary, bean bags, beijing olympics, brainstorming, different places, festivals, google, google doodle, graphic artist, h g wells, inspiration, mothering sunday, norman rockwell, olympics, sunday holidays, table tops, telegraph report, typical work, valentine day, valentine s day