Finpro, CII ink pact to further S&T cooperationMay 28th, 2008 - 9:27 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) Energy, waste management and high technology industry are among the areas in which India and Finland will jointly attempt innovations under a pact inked Wednesday. The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Finnish service organisation Finpro signed the memorandum of understanding (MoU) in Oulu.
“Energy, waste management and high technology industry are some of the possible areas for cooperation. Innovation cooperation will be facilitated by the MoU,” Finland’s Minister of Economic Affairs Mauri Pekerannin said after the signing ceremony.
“India’s knowledge base and scientific potential also provides opportunities for bilateral cooperation,” he added.
“CII and Finpro will work towards taking the government’s agenda on innovation collaboration forward. It is proposed to set up a joint team to assess the innovation potential of at least five cities in India to determine the location of a proposed innovation centre,” a CII statement issued here said.
Speaking at the signing ceremony, Indian Minister of State for Industry Ashwani Kumar observed: “CII and Finpro’s initiative to collaborate in sharing their innovation experience is of importance as innovation and technological advancement are keys to competitiveness of national economies advancement on account of globalization.”
Stressing the importance of the Global Innovation Summit, he said: “The importance of this event is that it has once again had the effect of bringing into sharp focus the range of arguments that have advanced across the global spectrum of competitiveness of economies.”
Earlier, during his discussions with Pekerannin, Ashwani Kumar emphasized the need to involve the corporate sector in bilateral innovation efforts.
According to Pekerannin: “We agreed that we would set up a team for the purpose of agreeing on the sectors for cooperation. Over the next three months together we will assess the required activities and the forms of financing required through the Finnish Indian innovation fund.”
- India, Australia to collaborate in wool production and trade - May 02, 2012
- Startup Village inks pact with Finland's ACE - Sep 07, 2012
- Pakistan, France ink pact to promote science - Dec 22, 2011
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
- Lepakshi forms joint venture for electronic city - Jan 13, 2012
- India, Finland to expand cooperation in energy: Farooq Abdullah - Feb 04, 2011
- India, Canada to cooperate in areas of food processing industries: Sahai - Jun 07, 2010
- UAE, South Korea sign MoU in health care - Mar 15, 2011
- Finland owes innovative bent to research spending - Oct 02, 2011
- Finland to set up Innovation Centre in Delhi - Sep 11, 2009
- Indian, Finnish firms sign 13 partnership deals - Nov 28, 2009
- UAE to set up aerospace research centre - Dec 18, 2010
- Finnish business delegation to visit India October - Sep 20, 2011
- Indian, US industry bodies ink dozen agreements, deepen economic ties - Nov 24, 2009
- CBI, NASSCOM tie up to fight cyber crime - Nov 22, 2010
Tags: ink pact